Share How you Use Office PopUp - How can I turn this off?

Anonymous
2018-05-17T11:10:23+00:00

Office 365 for MAC - Version 16.13, 180513

Every time I open Excel or Word, a pop up appears asking me if I want to 

SHARE HOW YOU USE OFFICE

No I do not want to share.  I do not want to see this pop up every time I open Word and every time I open Excel.

How can I stop this pop up from appearing?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T16:08:05+00:00

    New update this morning, now are not even given the choice anymore, Microsoft just outright collects our data! Is this a joke? 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T15:47:04+00:00

    THANKS FOR CLARIFICATION ON 16.13 VS. 16.13.1

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T15:31:46+00:00

    James, you're totally right. I just assumed (and you know what that makes). BS! No, pirated copies aren't legal. But that rarely stops anyone. Another option is to use Apple Pages, Numbers, etc. 

    Danssmith1, my version as of today is 16.13.1. But as James said, it doesn't fix the problem.

    Some at MS had a really bad idea they put into practice and made it worse by PRETENDING to fix it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T15:12:12+00:00

    Explain to me how that will solve the problem. The most recent update is what caused the problem in the first place. The version I have is 16.13 (108513).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T15:02:33+00:00

    This has made it worse. I clicked on 'No' thinking that would get rid of it, but it hasen't.... Clicking No, means No to 'Enhanced Reporting', therefore it has selected basic reporting an I can not turn it off! Isn't this completely illegal?

    If I have a license for Office, is it illegal for me to install a pirated copy? As currently that seems to be my only option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments