Share How you Use Office PopUp - How can I turn this off?

Anonymous
2018-05-17T11:10:23+00:00

Office 365 for MAC - Version 16.13, 180513

Every time I open Excel or Word, a pop up appears asking me if I want to 

SHARE HOW YOU USE OFFICE

No I do not want to share.  I do not want to see this pop up every time I open Word and every time I open Excel.

How can I stop this pop up from appearing?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T14:44:23+00:00

    Open one of the office applications and go to Help > Check for updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T12:12:05+00:00

    How Do I get this update so that I can click 'No'? I'm assuming clicking 'No' means no data to be sent to Microsoft and no more pop-up. (Else am I expecting too much.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T10:02:42+00:00

    I got an update notification yesterday. There is now a no option! 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-23T18:33:10+00:00

    I have tried MS Support chat, but the two people I have tried were not even aware of the problem and suggested generic troubleshooting steps rather than specific solutions.

    Does MS monitor this forum and is MS aware of the issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-23T18:32:14+00:00

    FYI everyone on OSX check under Word->Preferences->Security and Privacy, although I never selected an option and always closed the pop-up each frustrating time I open Word the option is selected to send full diagnostic data? Worst part is theres no option to not select sending MS your data, where is the opt-out MS?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments