Error 1935 installing Office 2016 Standard on Windows 10 build 1803

Anonymous
2018-08-10T19:34:10+00:00

I keep getting error 1935 when trying to install Office Standard 2016 on a brand new PC running Windows 10 for workstations build 1803.  I have tried:

Here's the build process:

  1. remove bloatware.
  2. run updates. (installs 1803 update)
  3. install anti-virus
  4. install office.

Gotten this error on 4 consecutive machines.

  1. removeing all c++ resdistributalbes 
  2. netfx repair tool
  3. sfc /scannow

Tried items suggested here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_other-windows\_install/office-36520132016-code-1000-to-29999-part-2-of-3/baba7767-4822-4ea7-bf40-4fc99a327b50

but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-08-22T14:25:00+00:00

    o15 remove didn't get it, but .net fix (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/repair) did.

    Was this answer helpful?

    200+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-06T18:44:54+00:00

    Thank you everyone,   this fixed it  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/repair

    i wonder if the issue is related to debloating windows 10.

    thank you again

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-08-16T13:10:27+00:00

    Did anyone figure out what is going on with this? We purchase Dell laptops from Best Buy constantly for a client and we are installing Office 2016 OVL and getting this error all of a sudden. I have installed probably 50 this year alone with no problems. I took the first laptop back thinking it was bad now this one is doing the same thing. Same laptop, same model #, same updates...now this weird problem. After 25 years in IT I'm getting really tired of things changing constantly. What happened to standardization? This is insane...and I'm sure it's update related. I just tried Office 2013 w/ SP1 OVL and it did the same thing and gave the same error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-08-23T13:01:25+00:00

    o15 remove didn't get it, but .net fix (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/repair) did. 

    The .net fix tool worked for me as well.  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-08-21T20:13:51+00:00

    A combination of netfx (.NET fix) and o15ctrremove (Office removal/cleanup tool) solved the issue for me.  This worked on all three laptops that I've tried it on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments