Error 1935 installing Office 2016 Standard on Windows 10 build 1803

Anonymous
2018-08-10T19:34:10+00:00

I keep getting error 1935 when trying to install Office Standard 2016 on a brand new PC running Windows 10 for workstations build 1803.  I have tried:

Here's the build process:

  1. remove bloatware.
  2. run updates. (installs 1803 update)
  3. install anti-virus
  4. install office.

Gotten this error on 4 consecutive machines.

  1. removeing all c++ resdistributalbes 
  2. netfx repair tool
  3. sfc /scannow

Tried items suggested here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_other-windows\_install/office-36520132016-code-1000-to-29999-part-2-of-3/baba7767-4822-4ea7-bf40-4fc99a327b50

but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-07-01T16:27:04+00:00

    We were finally able to solve this with one of the following registry key deletes.

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\AppModel

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Office

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-16T20:59:22+00:00

    Same here!  Glad I'm not alone but would rather have found a solution!  :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-16T05:59:43+00:00

    Hi,

    I tried to install Office 2013 standard volume license in Win10 OS for several PCs in my company. The 1935 error occurred. Few solutions from the internet I tried but not successful, including: deletion of Microsoft folder in the task scheduler, change registry, office removal tool for complete removal of office (o15-ctrremove), command powershell...etc

    At last, it was the Microsoft .NET Framework Cleanup Tool (file name: NetFxRepairTool) that worked for me.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-24T16:07:42+00:00

    Verified this is working for me as well. Extremely frustrating but luckily with the right keywords I was able to bring this post up in my Google search. Run the .NET Framework repair tool as suggested and it will allow Office 2016 Standard (OVL Version) to then install correctly!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-08-21T18:48:42+00:00

    I believe there is an issue with KB4343669

    Please be more specific. Is the issue that the above KB is *causing* issues for Office install if it is applied, or that it is *fixed* by that KB, or what? The KB info is very limited.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments