Error 1935 installing Office 2016 Standard on Windows 10 build 1803

Anonymous
2018-08-10T19:34:10+00:00

I keep getting error 1935 when trying to install Office Standard 2016 on a brand new PC running Windows 10 for workstations build 1803.  I have tried:

Here's the build process:

  1. remove bloatware.
  2. run updates. (installs 1803 update)
  3. install anti-virus
  4. install office.

Gotten this error on 4 consecutive machines.

  1. removeing all c++ resdistributalbes 
  2. netfx repair tool
  3. sfc /scannow

Tried items suggested here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_other-windows\_install/office-36520132016-code-1000-to-29999-part-2-of-3/baba7767-4822-4ea7-bf40-4fc99a327b50

but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-10-08T18:04:03+00:00

    We were finally able to solve this with one of the following registry key deletes.

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\AppModel

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Office

    This was the only thing that worked for us. Thank you.

    I tried everything and the registry keys to delete solved my problem!

    Thanks !

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-08-19T18:31:55+00:00

    Did you ever try the registry change by ToddStarlin? This has been fixing it on every new laptop I purchase for my company. It is a lot faster than reinstalling Windows. By clean install, do you mean a different version of Windows from CD or a Flash drive? If you mean factory reset, I could see the problem still occurring. As soon as Windows opens for the first time, the App store starts trying to do a bunch of updates on all the Apps including the pre-installed App version of Microsoft Office that comes with Windows 10. If you go in the store and find your way to updates you will see them all downloading like crazy without asking you.

    The registry fix removes the folder that causes Office to think it is a Microsoft Store App and not a standalone version that is installed. Removing the folder from the registry has been fixing this issue for many users on different forums. This is faster and possibly less dangerous than messing with changing .net when it probably didn't need it. This is of course my opinion, but I set up laptops multiple times a week and this has been a ridiculous problem until I found the registry fix.

    I have only ever had to remove this one folder and it always works. H****KLM\Software\Microsoft\AppModel

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-11T19:15:30+00:00

    A combination of netfx (.NET fix) and o15ctrremove (Office removal/cleanup tool) solved the issue for me.  This worked on all three laptops that I've tried it on.

    Hoooray for this thread and the .NET fix!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-02T02:51:34+00:00

    What finally worked for me was to remove the PC from our domain back to workgroup. Then the install of Office 2016 worked.  I then rejoined the domain and all was well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-08-10T19:58:23+00:00

    Please try reinstalling Office after removing any 3rd party Antivirus or Firewall software. You can also try creating another local user profile that is an Admin and attempt to install Office from that account.

    Also if these are domain joined machines, try removing them from the domain to ensure no group policies are enforced.

    Please let us know if you have any other questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments