Change the sharepoint.aspx page

Anonymous
2017-03-14T01:01:10+00:00

If you click the "sharepoint" tile in the app launcher, you are now taken to  _layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx.

This page is an embarassment so how do I edit/change it?

The "you visited" information shown is rubbish - it's completely inaccurate, out of date and of no use whatsoever to a user. Where is the data pulled from and why does Msft think anyone would want to see this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-04-30T09:04:28+00:00

Hi Webbrewers3,

We understand admins may have requirements to custom the SharePoint home page or directly change it to the page you want. As we discussed above, the best way to influence our products and services is to submit your feedback via SharePoint Online Uservoice. It will let our related team hear your voice. Many good features are added from customers' good suggestions.

As a workaround, you may create a custom tile. So, users can directly access the SharePoint Online page which is customized by you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Tim

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-03-15T05:10:09+00:00

    I could not agree MORE.   This is a crap page + landing 'experience'.

    Office 365 configuration should allow you to change the URL this button goes to.

    Or - just direct to "tenant.sharepoint.com" - not the _layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx page...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-03-23T21:00:20+00:00

    Is someone going to explain the criteria used for the content shown on this page or not?

    Currently the items I show are:

    Main site - used everyday: 3 items ranging from 12/8/16 to 12/11/16

    HR subsite: items ranging from 3/20/17 to 6 hours ago

    Another subsite: 3/13/17-3/20/17

    Another subsite: 11/21/16-12/1/16.

    All these sites have been accessed in the last week so there's clearly no rational logic to what is displayed. Please explain what the intent is here so I can report back to my users whether this is a bug or just a lousy design.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-03-16T00:01:49+00:00

    But this page is released onto production sites - I need a way to remove the SP tile immediately. Or should I just forward all the messages I get complaining about it from users to Msft premier support?

    At the very least answer my questions - what is the page supposed to show? At least then I can tell users it's not working properly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-03-14T11:54:20+00:00

    "it can help users to quick remember one important file s/he accessed last time belongs to which site."

    Ok, so what is the page supposed to show? I access sites everyday and right now I'm seeing mostly content I accessed 3 months ago. None of the content I accessed say in the last week shows up. It's pointless as is. And I have to explain to users why they are forced to look at such a poorly designed page.

    Can I hide the tile for regular users ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments