Office PP 2013 - Setup bootstrapper has stopped working

Anonymous
2013-03-23T18:25:19+00:00

I have downloaded the Office Pro Plus 2013 ISO from the download page and when I try to install it, it show me the first screen saying that the setup is preparing and then I get the error message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working". Could anyone help?

I have also read this article, but I do not have Citrix installed: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitpro/thread/88a6f422-0bac-4d0d-8279-95c5afbbc95a/

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-04T12:45:48+00:00

    I think there's a problem with your hardware specs.

    I had the same problem too and now m using the WPS office 2015 as an alternative to ms office.

    Can you tell your hardware specs??

    do you have an intel core i5 processor???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-10T04:23:00+00:00

    Use compatibility mode (windows xp service pack 3) in your setup.exe 

    Simple way to try isn't it?

    PS: It totally works for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-23T14:22:48+00:00

    Folks -

    Make sure you can run ose*.exe (ose00000.exe and so on - successive attempts at reinstalling will increment the ose00001.exe, etc.) from your %temp% folder. After CryptoLocker many IT folks put in GPOs that blocked EXEs from launching in the temp folder. Adding those ose00000.exe's as "unrestricted" in a software restriction policy seems to be effective, and Office 2013 setup can continue.

    Doug

    This is exactly correct for my case. You can verify this is occurring by looking for event ID 866 in the windows logs. We have GPO in place as described. We usually unblock the files on a case by case basis, but I also found that backing the machine out of the domain and into a workgroup allowed for the installation.  Big thanks to Doug for associating the bootstrapper error with this GPO. I had become accustomed to other error responses, and now I will add this to my troubleshooting list. 

    Good stuff!

    73's

    Chris Closs

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-23T06:51:47+00:00

    yes. I found that the following worked perfectly.

    I threw that PC right out the window and got a MacBook. Problem solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-09-23T06:49:59+00:00

    your instructions do NOT work at all. I still get the same error. Come on Microsoft, can you really not figure yourself out???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments