Office PP 2013 - Setup bootstrapper has stopped working

Anonymous
2013-03-23T18:25:19+00:00

I have downloaded the Office Pro Plus 2013 ISO from the download page and when I try to install it, it show me the first screen saying that the setup is preparing and then I get the error message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working". Could anyone help?

I have also read this article, but I do not have Citrix installed: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitpro/thread/88a6f422-0bac-4d0d-8279-95c5afbbc95a/

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-30T17:59:15+00:00

    Hello All,

    after I tried all the steps that forums recommended I simply remove my computer from the corporrate domain ( put it in workgroup) and Office installed by magic !!!

    François Coutu

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-16T06:11:55+00:00

    Another cause for this issue can be attributed to any policy that might be in place to block executables from running in %appdata% directory. 

    For example,  if a domain GPO has been configured in response to Crypto-Locker that disables all .exe files from launching within the users appdata dirs., the ose00000.exe file will not launch, causing this error during the Office 2013 install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-02T22:11:42+00:00

    I am having the same issue I have completed the steps above multiple times, i keep re-installing the program, and I get the bootstrap error message, im virtually running off a clean windows 7 install, not much more on my laptop at the moment, than windows & Itunes & ESET. any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-02T21:55:45+00:00

    Hi,

    the easiest way is if you have an older version of office for example 2010, 2007 or 2003 first uninstall them then install the new version

    don't allow to uninstall the older version from the 2013 office installer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-25T20:11:26+00:00

    Folks -

    Make sure you can run ose*.exe (ose00000.exe and so on - successive attempts at reinstalling will increment the ose00001.exe, etc.) from your %temp% folder. After CryptoLocker many IT folks put in GPOs that blocked EXEs from launching in the temp folder. Adding those ose00000.exe's as "unrestricted" in a software restriction policy seems to be effective, and Office 2013 setup can continue.

    Doug

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments