Office PP 2013 - Setup bootstrapper has stopped working

Anonymous
2013-03-23T18:25:19+00:00

I have downloaded the Office Pro Plus 2013 ISO from the download page and when I try to install it, it show me the first screen saying that the setup is preparing and then I get the error message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working". Could anyone help?

I have also read this article, but I do not have Citrix installed: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitpro/thread/88a6f422-0bac-4d0d-8279-95c5afbbc95a/

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-26T13:19:25+00:00

    Thanks. It worked for me.  Strange thing is that my email was still registered in office 2013.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-24T11:40:36+00:00

    i think no one in the world can solve this problem even microsoft engineers who are the creators of MS Office 2013. I installed a fresh windows 7 , updated it , i installed .net framework 4.5 with its updates and i did everything that has been suggested in internet. still getting the damn error

    SETUP BOOTS TRAPPER HAS STOPPED WORKING

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-19T06:37:31+00:00

    Hi,

     

    As I understand you are unable to install Office 2013 program on the computer and receive an error message while installing it.

     

    Refer to the knowledge based article mentioned which contains the general troubleshooting steps for Office installation issues:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2822317

     

    You may also refer to the links mentioned as reference which discusses about the similar error message and check if it helps:

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/767ad9ec-417a-45ee-bf68-98cddb5bca8f/office-2013-microsoft-setup-bootstrapper-has-stopped-working

    Same old same old.... If MSN is going to offer trail versions they should make sure the thing works. Personally as a customer, I do not have time too sit here and troubleshoot installation issues. All I can say is I'm not impressed and will not buy the product. The way things are going my next platform will be Mac.  The product is become less and less user friendly. I have the same issue trying to use an img file for Microsoft project, I am not aout to uninstall all my microsoft office products to use a trial version.... this is ridiculous. Seems every time I have an issue with a MSN product I have to spend hours to try and figure out how to fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-07-25T13:11:09+00:00

    Hi,

    As I understand you are unable to install Office 2013 program on the computer and receive an error message while installing it.

    Refer to the knowledge based article mentioned which contains the general troubleshooting steps for Office installation issues:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2822317

    You may also refer to the links mentioned as reference which discusses about the similar error message and check if it helps:

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/767ad9ec-417a-45ee-bf68-98cddb5bca8f/office-2013-microsoft-setup-bootstrapper-has-stopped-working

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-07-23T13:31:11+00:00

    Hi Anula D'souza,

    I just followed the above three steps u have mentioned but ,my installation is not complete just stopped in the middle .I'm getting SETUP BOOTS TRAPPER IS STOPPED WORKING .will u please help me and can i know how to sequence MS office 2013 in AppV.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments