Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Thank you very much. It worked for me
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have downloaded the Office Pro Plus 2013 ISO from the download page and when I try to install it, it show me the first screen saying that the setup is preparing and then I get the error message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working". Could anyone help?
I have also read this article, but I do not have Citrix installed: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitpro/thread/88a6f422-0bac-4d0d-8279-95c5afbbc95a/
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you very much. It worked for me
REMOVE THE ANTIVIRUS. I had tried everything listed here to no avail. Just about the only thing I hadn't tried was punching the screen. luckily before I did that I decided to remove the anti-virus(Kaspersky). Whew that saved me $200 for a new monitor.
Go into your "Services" in your settings and disable your Print Spooler - just right-click on it and then click stop. My install hung at about 90%, and when I disabled the spooler it finally installed.
Hope it helps.
Hi Adrian,
Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. As per the issue description you are unable to install Office 2013 Professional Plus on the computer.
I would like to ask few questions on the issue:
- From where did you purchase Office 2013 Professional Plus program?
- Did you enter your work email address and program code to download Office 2013 program?
- Are you trying to install the program on single system or group of computers?
- Do you have earlier versions of Office installed on the system?
If you have multiple versions of Office installed on the system then, uninstall all the versions of Office installed on the system, boot the system in clean boot mode and then try to install Office 2013 Professional Plus program and check:
Step 1:
Use the Microsoft Fixit tool to remove the older version of Office installed on the computer from the following article.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179
Note: In case you are using a 64-bit operating system, save the fixit tool on the system and then run it from the saved location.
Ensure you have the disc/download link and the product key to re-install Office.
Step 2:
Run the automated troubleshooter from the following article to remove all traces of the new Office installed on the system.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501
Once the uninstallation is complete reboot the system
Note: If you are using a 64-bit operating system, save the fixit tool on the system and then run it from the saved location.
Step 3:
Boot the system in clean boot and then try to install the Office 2013 program and check:
Clean boot is performed to disable all startup programs and 3rd party services on the machine and check if they are conflicting with the Office installation.
Restart the computer in Windows Clean Boot and then try to install Microsoft Office 2013 program. Refer the following article on ‘How to restart the computer in Clean Boot’:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Note: Ensure to restart the system back to Normal mode after installing the Office 2013 program in clean boot.
I hope this fixes the issue. If you have any queries or issues with Office programs let us know and we will be happy to assist you.
Thank you.
Thank you for the reply, I've applied for a 60-day trial of the program from Microsoft's site and I've used my own email address. I am using this on my personal laptop. I have tried all the steps above before however it didn't work and I've only had Office 365 Home Premium Preview installed before.
Hi Adrian,
Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. As per the issue description you are unable to install Office 2013 Professional Plus on the computer.
I would like to ask few questions on the issue:
If you have multiple versions of Office installed on the system then, uninstall all the versions of Office installed on the system, boot the system in clean boot mode and then try to install Office 2013 Professional Plus program and check:
Step 1:
Use the Microsoft Fixit tool to remove the older version of Office installed on the computer from the following article.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179
Note: In case you are using a 64-bit operating system, save the fixit tool on the system and then run it from the saved location.
Ensure you have the disc/download link and the product key to re-install Office.
Step 2:
Run the automated troubleshooter from the following article to remove all traces of the new Office installed on the system.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501
Once the uninstallation is complete reboot the system
Note: If you are using a 64-bit operating system, save the fixit tool on the system and then run it from the saved location.
Step 3:
Boot the system in clean boot and then try to install the Office 2013 program and check:
Clean boot is performed to disable all startup programs and 3rd party services on the machine and check if they are conflicting with the Office installation.
Restart the computer in Windows Clean Boot and then try to install Microsoft Office 2013 program. Refer the following article on ‘How to restart the computer in Clean Boot’:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Note: Ensure to restart the system back to Normal mode after installing the Office 2013 program in clean boot.
I hope this fixes the issue. If you have any queries or issues with Office programs let us know and we will be happy to assist you.
Thank you.