Hi I have the same problem now 3 years later ( which I did not have). I can save the files with Paintshop (pro) no problems at exact the same file location. This Microsoft Office Picture Manager problem is probably re-introduced during one of the
latests Microsoft Updates which seem to re-introduces this BUG ( so this is not a <b>not a user mistake</b>) to this software.
The version I am using is:
Microsoft Office Picture Manager: (12.0.6606.100) SP3 MSO (12.0.6683.5000)
The Message I GET is: "Some files could not be saved. Try saving the files again".
Which I tried and it does not work of course. Because, Microsoft, the BUG is in the product. And as I bought the f***ng software I need a fix.
The answers provided sofar are amazingly stupid and did not solve the problems of the users in this blog.
Please give a proper answer to all users Microsoft! The same picture files ( jpeg, jpg) files in the same directory ( or as you may refer to as folder) are saved without a problem with other free and licensed media software of your competitors.
I checked the security settings ( the "group" "Everyone" I made have "Full control" on folder and files in the folder. and I even switched off my virus scanner which I am VERY RELUCTANT to do nowadays.
SO Microsoft: FIXIT ASAP PLEASE!
And let us know as well when you fix something
Amazing that you cannot deal with your own operating system's filesystem in your own products!
The Office Picture Manager has been dropped from Office 2013 so if I were you I would not hold your breath looking for a fix or any improvements to old versions of the tool. I can appreciate how you hate to give up an old tool that has served you well, but
perhaps it is time to consider other image editors. There are many out there but here are just a few of the free ones:
Irfanview - http://www.irfanview.com/
Paint.net - http://www.getpaint.net/
Faststone - http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
Gimp - [Edit]: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
DavidF