unable to save/save-as after editing a picture using MS Office 2007 Picture Manager

Anonymous
2010-04-09T22:01:49+00:00

Original title: Picture Manager

I can open and print a picture saved on my computer in jpeg using picture manager.  However, if I make any editting changes it won't allow me to save it or print it.  When I try to save it, the message "some files cannot be saved. please try again".  When I try to print the editted picture, the message "Windows cannot find this picture.  Check the location and try again".  How can I fix this?  If I can't edit pictures than the program is worthless.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-14T07:06:52+00:00

Hello,

I just want to add that this is just a Read Only feature that was embedded on the picture by the program that created it and it is not easy to remove just by selecting Save As.

After or before editing(which ever works for you),

Click File

Select Save As

Click On Tools drop-down chevron

Select Properties

Uncheck the read-only check box and click OK

Confirm Attribute Change comes up, Apply Changes

Click OK

Click Save

Hope it helps.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-09-02T22:41:17+00:00

I found out why it wasn't working for me. When I saved a file in Photoshop as a jpg I had to uncheck the box that said ICC Profile: U.S. Web Coated, If this box is checked when you make the jpeg then when you try to change it in Microsoft  PM the error message will come up and remove the picture from your computer. At least that is what it was doing to mine. I hope this works for you. Everything is working good again for me.

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-25T11:24:24+00:00

    Hi I have the same problem now 3 years later ( which I did not have). I can save the files with Paintshop (pro) no problems at exact the same file location. This Microsoft Office Picture Manager problem is probably re-introduced during one of the latests Microsoft Updates which seem to re-introduces this BUG ( so this is not a <b>not a user mistake</b>) to this software.

    The version I am using is:

    Microsoft Office Picture Manager: (12.0.6606.100) SP3 MSO (12.0.6683.5000)

    The Message I GET is: "Some files could not be saved. Try saving the files again".

    Which I tried and it does not work of course. Because, Microsoft, the BUG is in the product. And as I bought the f***ng software I need a fix.

    The answers provided sofar are amazingly stupid and did not solve the problems of the users in this blog.

    Please give a proper answer to all users Microsoft! The same picture files ( jpeg, jpg) files in the same directory ( or as you may refer to as folder) are saved without a problem with other free and licensed media software of your competitors.

    I checked the security settings ( the "group" "Everyone" I made have "Full control" on folder and files in the folder. and I even switched off my virus scanner which I am VERY RELUCTANT to do nowadays.

    SO Microsoft: FIXIT ASAP PLEASE!

    And let us know as well when you fix something

    Amazing that you cannot deal with your own operating system's filesystem in your own products!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-18T09:19:39+00:00

      for some reason  MX Pic Manager started doing the same thing for me after many years of no problem ... I also did a Clean Boot instalation and tried also XP 64x wqith a new intalation of Office 2003 + SPK 3  same results as all of you experienced ...

    • This is what worked for me I opened it with Paint saved it as a Bmp File re opened it in MS pic Manager  , edited,saves  Ok with .... now the problem may be that the JGS are different New FILE system the problem I seem ti have are with Photos taken with an Cannon EOS 550D camera and yes I can confirm this because as I  have just gone into another folder with the the same items photographed by a different camera and No Problems editing and saving ... so The Answer is there are new Versions of jpgs that  are not the same even though they are jpgs ... they must be changed and I think I have heard or read this somewhere ,it's time to Google...

    Thank you very much! Your idea worked for me too

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more