unable to save/save-as after editing a picture using MS Office 2007 Picture Manager

Anonymous
2010-04-09T22:01:49+00:00

Original title: Picture Manager

I can open and print a picture saved on my computer in jpeg using picture manager.  However, if I make any editting changes it won't allow me to save it or print it.  When I try to save it, the message "some files cannot be saved. please try again".  When I try to print the editted picture, the message "Windows cannot find this picture.  Check the location and try again".  How can I fix this?  If I can't edit pictures than the program is worthless.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-14T07:06:52+00:00

Hello,

I just want to add that this is just a Read Only feature that was embedded on the picture by the program that created it and it is not easy to remove just by selecting Save As.

After or before editing(which ever works for you),

Click File

Select Save As

Click On Tools drop-down chevron

Select Properties

Uncheck the read-only check box and click OK

Confirm Attribute Change comes up, Apply Changes

Click OK

Click Save

Hope it helps.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-09-02T22:41:17+00:00

I found out why it wasn't working for me. When I saved a file in Photoshop as a jpg I had to uncheck the box that said ICC Profile: U.S. Web Coated, If this box is checked when you make the jpeg then when you try to change it in Microsoft  PM the error message will come up and remove the picture from your computer. At least that is what it was doing to mine. I hope this works for you. Everything is working good again for me.

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-27T16:50:56+00:00

    Yep DavidF, My ESET NOD32 is complaining about the location it is from and also the fiule itself. ( I first ignored the warning and scanned the exe after that and my virus scanner was still not happy. Also on the original GIMP site ( my link) they warn about the problem with compiled code that contains ****. http://files4.gimp.us.com/download/4804/dl?s=SEOc=gimp.us.combrand=gimp.us.compid=TRbc=4804country=NLcb=26363315 Win32/DownloadAdmin.G potentially unwanted application Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe. Regards reijken

    OK, thanks. Bettter safe than sorry so I changed the link to the one you recommended.

    DavidF

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-27T15:32:35+00:00

    Yep DavidF, My ESET NOD32 is complaining about the location it is from and also the fiule itself. ( I first ignored the warning and scanned the exe after that and my virus scanner was still not happy. Also on the original GIMP site ( my link) they warn about the problem with compiled code that contains ****. http://files4.gimp.us.com/download/4804/dl?s=SEOc=gimp.us.combrand=gimp.us.compid=TRbc=4804country=NLcb=26363315 Win32/DownloadAdmin.G potentially unwanted application Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe. Regards reijken

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-27T13:56:27+00:00

    By the way the trojan free Gimp can be found here:

    http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

    Greetz

    Are you saying that the version of Gimp from the link I provided has a trojan?

    In reality I usually download from FileHippo and trust the versions of programs I get there. One of the reasons I like this source is that they offer older versions of the programs, and occasionally I have a need for those. See http://www.filehippo.com/download_the_gimp/

    DavidF

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments