Outlook replies have lines and bold text

Anonymous
2024-10-16T10:27:36+00:00

Hello Community, in the outlook app on my Mac when I hit reply I often (but not always) have lines at the top of my email with the text in bold. Almost as though it is stuck on the previous email content. How do I fix this please?

***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-16T14:16:34+00:00

    This seems to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T21:09:53+00:00

    Same issue here. Notably, I have 5 separate email accounts that I am using through Outlook desktop. All are IMAP accounts. Only one of the accounts has this issue and it was added recently. The other accounts are more than a year old. With the older accounts this bug does not occur.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T05:29:44+00:00

    Yep, me too. I'm still waiting on a reply from Microsoft months ago for random font changes. Abysmal customer service.

    I'm guessing still no solution, just tried updating also but if anything made it worse.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T18:53:39+00:00

    Having the same issue... I updated outlook with no avail... Does anyone has a solution for this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-25T22:58:55+00:00

    I just experienced the same issue, i.e. My reply to emails are lined and letters in bold. That was from the most recent update. Would appreciate a fix ASAP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments