Outlook replies have lines and bold text

Anonymous
2024-10-16T10:27:36+00:00

Hello Community, in the outlook app on my Mac when I hit reply I often (but not always) have lines at the top of my email with the text in bold. Almost as though it is stuck on the previous email content. How do I fix this please?

***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-11T17:13:53+00:00

    How can we REMOVE those lines that automatically show up at the top of a Reply email message? They choose the wrong font style and size and look bad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-29T05:13:17+00:00

    I have the exact same issue. I'm resorting to the work around within Settings/Composing, however, this loses the Subject line. Microsoft, please fix this issue ASAP!

    PS: I do not have the issue with work email that uses Microsoft Exchange Server. The issue is only with my personal (IMAP) email. Unfortunately, the workaround for personal email also impacts work email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T14:16:53+00:00

    Someone at MS pleeeease fix this, it's driving me NUTS!!

    I can't believe something as simple as the ability to reply to an email is causing this issue, AND taking so long to fix.

    It's an absolute drain on my admin process and is starting to make me resent my MS subscription.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-05T15:38:00+00:00

    No, I wouldn't expect anyone to work that fast

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-17T08:29:33+00:00

    Hello Malisha Awunor,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

    I understand that you are experiencing an issue when replying to emails in the New Outlook for Mac.

    In fact, when you click reply, a horizontal line does appear to separate your reply from the original email content. Some field headers from the original email, such as sender, recipient, CC, and subject, are displayed in bold text.

    If this is what you are referring to, then it is normal.

    If this is not your issue, I hope you can provide a screenshot so that I can better understand the situation you are encountering.

    Please feel free to let me know if you have any further updates, thanks. 

    Best Regards, 

    Zachary.W - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments