Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
but WHERE IS **File** > **Account Settings** > **Account Settings** > **Data Files** in Outlook.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I click on my People / Contacts in Office, the left panel is completely blank (where my contacts should be). My emails are in the right panel from having clicked to People from Email. I am not able to see, add, or access my contacts at all in Outlook now. I have in the past and I know I have contacts stored in Outlook.
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
but WHERE IS **File** > **Account Settings** > **Account Settings** > **Data Files** in Outlook.
These appear to be directions for the Classic version of Outlook. There is no **File > in the New Windows Outlook App .
precisely this! this is NOT AN OPTION in the New Outlook!
Same here! Where the F&K* did my contact details go??? There seems to be no help from Microsoft and no live person to contact either. I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship with them and can't get out.
I have the same problem in New Outlook 365 (a blank half-screen, and not seeing the "File" path). But I noticed some things that might be clues for someone who might have an answer:
(1) Something I did while following Microsoft Community directions in another Google search result (exporting to CSV and importing again), now shows only one contact (the first alphabetically) instead of all 1,206. (It initially showed contacts repeated twice.)
(2) In "People," clicking on "Add to List" at the top generates a dropdown list of Contact Lists, with the option to "Add to this list." Clicking on "Add" returns the right screen to blank. That seems to indicate the Contacts are hidden somewhere (but where?). In fact, when I type an address in an email, Outlook shows a few possibilities as it does normally.
This started with all Contacts and Lists visible on the left side of the screen, and the right side of the screen suddenly being blank instead of showing a contact's details. I was unable to create or edit a contact.
The only thing that remains constant is a repetitive blue streak going across the top of the right side, as though Outlook is searching (but never finds what it's looking for).