Why are my contacts not coming up on the People panel in Outlook - completely blank.

Anonymous
2024-01-26T21:55:03+00:00

When I click on my People / Contacts in Office, the left panel is completely blank (where my contacts should be). My emails are in the right panel from having clicked to People from Email. I am not able to see, add, or access my contacts at all in Outlook now. I have in the past and I know I have contacts stored in Outlook.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-07T20:55:25+00:00

    To whom this may concern,

    I have been having nothing buy troubles with Microsoft outlook AND every time my computer does an update on Microsoft update, My computer gets all kinds of glitches'. Three Microsoft tec tried to help me. After they could not help me I had to hire an outside source. I had to close my business down for five hours. They finally fixed it last night. But this morning my outlook started the same problem again this morning. I can not delete my emails that I don't want. I will not be renewing my yearly contract with Microsoft. I will start to have to look for a new email server like Outlook that does not have the problems that Outlook has.

    I wish I can find a different operating system with less problems. Friends tell me its Microsoft 11. They said I should go back to Microsoft 10.

    I am very disappointed in Microsoft. I should not have to worry about having my computer crashing every time I get an update. I now have my updates disconnected.

    Rich

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-07T18:38:03+00:00

    Actually, I've begun moving all of my group's contacts to Gmail via CSV export file and will use that email account as my main one. Microsoft hasn't answered my emails yet, and the solutions on this forum and on other website forums are outdated or offer fixes that don't work for me. I'll maintain Outlook in case the system self-adjusts/-corrects at some point.

    I recall now a quirk that might be related: Outlook's inability to forget an old email address. When I updated an email address, Outlook always seemed to prefer the old address. When you typed the person's name instead of their email address, Outlook showed only the old email address. You had to remember to type the new address, which appeared with the old address as its display name, even though the Contacts list showed the new address. This occurred after refreshing the screen, and even after closing, then re-opening Outlook.

    Time will heal, probably.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-08T16:31:14+00:00

    My issue is that none of the contact details are showing up. I've tried to open up various contacts in three different browsers and it doesn't work. All I can see is their email. I went under View and the only options are First name and Last name. Where did all my contacts' details go? (address, phones, etc.)??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-18T17:44:47+00:00

    Hi, I'm having the same issue, but all seems ok on the file, but when I go to change view, it says My Contacts, then this computer only. Since I have Microsoft 365 shouldn't I get from all computers?

    Hannah

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-28T01:55:33+00:00

    Hi again,

    Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

    Regards, Sola

    “Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. “

    Kindly note that this is a user to user forum, we are users helping other users, we aren't Microsoft employee neither are we Microsoft agents.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments