Send Availability feature removed from Outlook for iOS?

Anonymous
2024-05-02T07:44:59+00:00

I have been making regular use of the "Send Availability" feature in the Outlook app for iOS. Recently though, I can't seem to access this. Previously, there was a 'Calendar' button above the keyboard when replying to emails, which allowed easy selection of free timeslots in my Calendar. When I tap the Calendar button now, it just tries to create an event.

Hoping that I am missing something, rather than the feature having been removed?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-05T20:19:58+00:00

    Thanks! The usual problem with forums like this. Miles of complaints where the one useful post is buried somewhere in the middle of it. The initial reply with a "solution" was not sending availability, but sending a meeting invite. Not the same thing. For anyone else still looking for it... it's here:

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-30T15:56:03+00:00

    I guess my iPhone finally got the new version and this feature missing is a huge disappointment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-26T11:38:07+00:00

    Send Availability was the best feature when trying to share your availability with people outside your organization. The suggested solution is not even close. I suggest Microsoft bringing it back, please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-16T10:15:11+00:00

    Removing the send availability feature from the outlook app is a major disappointment. I have no idea how this decision could have possibly been approved by the product team. I am so frustrated that I will look at migrating our business to an alternative email platform. I have to be able to provide availability. In fact I should be able to provide availability and provide the recipient with the ability to book an appointment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T12:38:12+00:00

    I am very disappointed in this. The send availability feature was the only reason I started using the outlook app over the other native iOS mail app. If there is no plan to add this feature back I don’t see any value the outlook app adds.

    Please bring it back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments