How can I attach email to Calendar in new Outlook?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T16:52:42+00:00

In the "new" Outlook, I can no longer attach emails to Calendar items, even when I have created the item. Is there are work around for this?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-05T18:40:39+00:00

    I genuinely don't understand the rationale here. I can understand wanting to move away from desktop applications, but if you don't have feature parity, then you aren't doing it right.

    This feature is one that I really care about, and I know a lot of my clients do as well. We have one client who has held off until the last minute with their "upgrade" to the New Outlook specifically because of this feature. That's 300 users stuck on old software and an IT team itching to pull the trigger on a switch to Google. We're force-feeding them the Kool-Aid and talking about Exchange and Teams and all that fun stuff, but they're starting to compare features...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-14T13:02:57+00:00

    Has anyone at Microsoft actually user tested the new outlook, or done any customer sessions? To say it's style over substance is an absolute understatement. Not being able to attach an email to an existing meeting is ridiculous.

    In meeting invites I searched for a loooong time to find out how to format the text as there is pretty much nothing in the settings. Then I found the text formatting bar, at the bottom of the email invite, so to add bullet points to the text at the top, I had to scroll all they way to the bottom, then to change the indent, I had to go back up to the top, higlight the text then scroll back down to the bottom again! I mean why would you put it there instead of pinning it to the top bar where it has always been.

    So many features are now non-existent. I really do wonder if the designers of this new outlook have actually viewed how people normally work with it. Why for example in the calendar settings - are there settings for whether I want to add all sorts of travel items to my calandar - this is pretty much all there is in the settings, whereas must be a tiny percentage of what people use outlook calendar for. Whilst at the same time, everyday features that are needed and used either don't exist or you have to google in order to find them because it's so counter-intuitive.

    Very poor play Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-31T12:44:27+00:00

    We should be able to easily drag an Outlook email as an attachment to an Outlook meeting invite.

    Disappointed MS Outlook Product Management / Dev Team's oversight on this limitation and not including this feature/function/capability in the "new" Outlook.

    Requesting to please add this in the "new" Outlook, just as we had it in the "old" Outlook.

    my 2cents: LOVE when MS adds new features/functions/capabilities as enhancements to new releases, however not understanding why some current features/functions/capabilities are removed as it then feels like a downgrade and less flexibility.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-22T08:30:26+00:00

    The other solution is to save down the email and then attach it to the meeting invite!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T16:00:41+00:00

    This random dude on YouTube explains a workaround. Which is more helpful than MS Outlook help, that's for sure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwAjcL9rB2Y

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments