How can I attach email to Calendar in new Outlook?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T16:52:42+00:00

In the "new" Outlook, I can no longer attach emails to Calendar items, even when I have created the item. Is there are work around for this?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T15:54:56+00:00

    This is ESSENTIAL functionality. It is a fast and efficient way to add context to a meeting agenda. Attendees can easily open the email and read it for detailed context. This is a feature I am surprised is not in the product yet. New Outlook is missing A LOT. I DO like the Scheduling Assistant - available time suggestions - good enhancement there. I just wish little, fast, shortcuts were introduced. I am not a fan of the search functionality either. Clunky, hard to narrow down criteria ... not optimized for speed or accurate results. Not a fan of it. I digress. Can you please add dragging an email into another email and meeting appointment today? Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T15:58:27+00:00

    In the "new" Outlook, I can no longer attach emails to Calendar items, even when I have created the item. Is there are work around for this?

    Please add this functionality. For those of us who need to convert emails to meetings or block calendars for working on projects, this is necessary. Your UX team dropped the ball on this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T15:27:24+00:00

    This indeed is very helpful. However, it does not solve the problem of saving an email in a folder. I used to right click on the email item in the email list, copy and paste either to a calendar event or a folder. But now it takes more steps to accomplish the same tasks.

    Can Microsoft team help bring the previous functionality back PLEASE?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-22T18:13:39+00:00

    This is why Apple wins every time. How uncommon is it that you make a reservation or RSVP to a meeting and you need to save the confirmation email as a calendar event. NOT AT ALL. This should be easy and intuitive and Microsoft has screwed it up again. No longer can you click and drag the email to your calendar -- as likely makes sense to 99.9% of users. Supposedly, you can reply with a meeting request. Ridiculous. Restore the ability to simply click and drag the email to your calendar -- PLEASE.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-04T09:16:43+00:00

    Dragging and dropping e-mails into the calendar to create an event was a pretty much perfect function of the old Outlook.

    I cannot understand why this would be removed. I cannot understand why it hasn't been reinstated.

    Put it back please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments