My email account is blocked and I unable to access.

Anonymous
2023-09-27T02:35:35+00:00

My email account is blocked for the last few days and I provided verification details and was informed I will get a response within 24 hours which have passed but nothing recieved. What do I do? I've had this email for over 20 years and it's my main email.?

<Changed to a question>

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T15:22:38+00:00

    I have the same issue tried all you have suggested without success,you get no response back,nobody answers the phones,how is that supporting people? The password resets don't work,either does the codes that they send 😡, if I could I would send my screen shots

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-29T02:44:09+00:00

    I just want to talk to a human about retrieving two blocked accounts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-27T15:43:53+00:00

    Hi Ashraf Ali (s236009)

    Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

    I’m sorry to hear that your email account is blocked and you are unable to access it. I understand how frustrating that can be, especially if you have important data saved on your account.

    There are different reasons why an email account can be blocked, such as entering a wrong password several times, sending spam messages, or being accessed without your consent. Depending on the reason, there are different ways to unblock your account.

    If your account is blocked because you forgot your password, you can try to reset it by following these steps:

    • Go to your email provider’s login page and click the “Forgot Password” link.
    • Enter an alternate email address where you can receive a temporary password.
    • Prove your identity by answering some questions about your account, such as your contact lists, emails you recently sent, or your security question.
    • Use the temporary password to access your blocked account and change it to a new one.

    Reset a forgotten Microsoft account password - Microsoft Support

    If your account is blocked by the service provider for security reasons, you can try to contact their customer service department by following these steps:

    • Go to your email provider’s login page and click the “Help” link.
    • Find the option to contact the customer service or support team and explain your situation.
    • Provide any information they may ask you to verify your identity and ownership of the account, such as your name, date of birth, phone number, or recovery email address.
    • Wait for their response and follow their instructions to unblock your account.

    You may also check this helpful links that could fix the issue:

    If you have already submitted a request for account recovery and have not received a response within 24 hours, I recommend that you contact Microsoft support directly for further assistance. You can do this by visiting the Microsoft support website and selecting the "Contact us" option.

    Contact Us - Microsoft Support

    I hope this helps you to regain access to your email account. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

    Truly Yours, 

    Fatima  

    Microsoft Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T15:13:41+00:00

    Hi Fatima,

    My daughters account has been blocked because I entered incorrect password too many times. I now remember the password, but every time i try to login it says your account has been blocked, please rese your password.

    When I try to reset the password I always get the same automated reply from microsoft.

    We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account al********@outlook.com. Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership.  Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner.

    Please submit a new account verification form

    At this point, your best option is to submit a new form with as much accurate information as you can gather. The more information you can include in the form, the better the chance you’ll have of regaining access to your account. We’ve included a few tips below to help you fill out the form as completely and accurately as possible. 

    No matter what I try nothing seems to work. This is a child account is under my family account with my sons account as well.

    Email was never used. I just set up their accounts before summer and didnt have to use until now.

    Your help will be highly appreciated.

    Regards

    Avdyl

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-26T20:51:13+00:00

    Hi I need help as I have got my daughter a new Chrome book for Christmas we are putting in my email but it is blocked and she needs to do her school work

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments