Account recovery stuck on robot verification

Anonymous
2023-11-01T01:47:39+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to recover my account.

I am trying to send the verification code to my phone number, however to do so I have to pass a "help us beat the robots" verification.

I successfully complete the verification but the process does not go to the next step.

There is no button to proceed and it does not automatically redirect to the next step.

I have tried on a desktop using opera, chrome and safari.

I have tried an android phone using the app, using the phone browser

I have tried on an iphone using the browser.

It gets stuck on "verification complete" every single time.

This function is completely broken.

It is extremely frustrating and I am not able to recover my account.

Attached is a screenshot

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T06:33:28+00:00

    I have seen a similar problem on a Windows 11 laptop. I was helping a relative the other day (12th October 2024), and we noticed an option to add his mobile number to his account, as an aid to account recovery. We tried doing that, but the security challenge was got (to defeat robot logins) was a badly implemented mess, and MUCH harder than regular CAPCHA or reCapcha methods. It consisted of TEN numbered items to match two icon shapes, that looked like they were drawn by a deranged 10 year old art student, and the right side selection window had the icons upside-down. The biggest problem was that some of the items in the "orbiting icon objects" picture were overlaid (i.e. obscured) by other icon circles. After going through 3 sets of these challenges, and each time getting a "something went wrong" error, we tried the AUDIO method. Even that was often too hard to discern which song of the 3 contained a bird tweet. We gave up in the end.

    NOTE: This relative DID have his phone connected to the Phone APP, but it was NOT part of his account security. Nonetheless, is is POSSIBLE that account security could have been tripped up by that, but if that is the case, then that is a definite bug.

    NOTE TO VOLUNTEERS: unless you KNOW PRECISELY what this issue is, and have internals knowledge to support that, please don't dilute the usefulness of this thread by standard "try this try that" stuff.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-11T14:16:47+00:00

    same here have been trying for 1 month still not working

    no response also

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-07T15:58:51+00:00

    This now appears to be resolved if you have not checked recently.

    Simon

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-03T10:23:36+00:00

    I did the following steps when installing on my new device.

    1 - Login to my profile via edge

    2 - Turn off 2 step verification

    3 - Turn on password

    4 - Login to authenticator on my mobile

    5 - Turn on 2 step verification and passwordless account on the web browser

    All done

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-03T12:08:25+00:00

    Hi,

    I do have the same problem, please find the solution

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments