Outlook Trello Add In

Anonymous
2022-06-30T04:27:39+00:00

In the last couple of days, my Outlook Trello Add In has stopped working correctly:

  • If I select Include email attachments, I get the error message. Sorry, your card could not be added to Trello
  • **** If I don't select Include email attachments, the card is created/updated as per usual

I am not aware of any system changes that would prevent this working.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-07-13T22:58:47+00:00

Microsoft has told me they can't do anything, Trello said:

Our team is still looking into this, and since the integration is owned by Microsoft, our integrations manager will reach out to Microsoft for further investigation. In the meantime, I'd recommend using the board email address to add cards (https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/creating-cards-by-email/), and/or manually add attachments. I will keep you posted on further updates.

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-09T20:56:44+00:00

    I use this add-in SO much and I'm still using it now even though it's half-broken. PLEASE tell us there's a new Trello add-in coming!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-10T07:28:37+00:00

    Still doesn't work. An annoying obstacle for my team and myself.

    Please fix this ASAP, Microsoft. Thanks.

    Agree how long does it take to fix such an issue what we paying our Microsoft subscriptions for!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-26T23:51:58+00:00

    Yes, disappointing. On July 26th, someone posted an update in the Atlassian Community on this topic. The user heard from their Atlassian/Trello support tech and they said

    "Our partnerships team have gotten in touch with Microsoft on our end and are asking them to fix this issue. Unfortunately we can't promise that the issue will get fixed as this lies solely with Microsoft, and we do not have any sort of timeline or ETA. I'm sorry, this probably isn't what you want to hear!

    Our recommendation is that instead of relying on a fix here from Microsoft, is that you pivot over to using our email to board feature native to Trello, which we support. Essentially, you can generate a unique email address for each of your boards, and from Outlook or any other email provider, you can send emails to this address and they'll turn into cards on your board. I'm not sure if this has the exact same functionality as the Outlook add-in, but should help you in the interim and also supports sending email attachments to cards which is the broken functionality in the Outlook add-in. We have an extensive help doc about this feature at https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/creating-cards-by-email/

    If you do want to continue using the Outlook add-in, I'd recommend continuing to email Microsoft until they work on the fix, like we will do on our side. Again, I can't promise that Microsoft will fix the issue or will even reply, but we are asking them to fix the issue on their end. We have had reports of the Outlook add-in support email engineers saying that it is with us to fix - this is not the case and we are urging Microsoft to look into the issue."

    This is such a great integration between the two services and it is disappointing Microsoft is not responding to email reports on it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-03T23:28:43+00:00

    Hi

    I am using Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2206 Build 16.0.15330.20144) 64-bit

    I have confirmed that my version is completely up to date

    The issue still persists

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments