Reminders for external invites in outlook now.

Anonymous
2022-05-11T09:27:24+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I'd like to know if there is a way to set Reminders for external invites in outlook because me and my team are receiving invites from other calendars and we miss the meetings because the reminders are not automatically set after we accept the external invitation.

Thank you in advance

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-23T09:22:50+00:00

    Hi

    I think I've confirmed that this is a problem with Outlook.

    A client sent me a meeting request. Instead of doing what usually do (just accept it) I clicked to show me my calendar where the new meeting shows up. I double clicked the meeting and the reminder was set to 15 minutes as it should be.

    Then I went back to email and accepted the meeting.

    Then I went back to my calendar and opened the meeting again. Now the meeting reminder is set to None.

    So Outlook knew that the incoming meeting request had a 15 minute reminder and then deleted that reminder.

    However. the same meeting request sent to a different email address (different domain, different ISP) accessed from a different computer resulted in the correct reminder being set after the meeting was accepted.

    I access both email accounts on different computers (both Windows 11 fully up to date) using IMAP with Outlook 2019 (fully up to date) as my email client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T01:22:37+00:00

    This has been a problem for quite some time, but usually I've had some support, and will get a coworker that pings me on our team chat, but I've been late to, or missed more than a hand full of meetings as a result of this bug - Please address this! Allowing to set an inbox rule to correct the missing reminder on ALL calendar invites, fixing the bug that I assume is a type mis-match, or NULL variable between exchange and google, or whatever. This has been an issue since "the new outlook" came on the scene a couple years ago at this point...

    Thanks for your help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T22:50:40+00:00

    Just adding my voice to this issue. I have already manually set every setting available within Outlook to automatically add my default reminder to every calendar event on my account, and yet Outlook itself does not do this for me despite the settings being set to do it. This makes the setting misleading and confusing and it makes me angry that the product doesn't work the way it should and the way I need it to work for me.

    If the automatic reminder is to be set by the sender of a meeting, then I don't need a setting on my side that claims it will do this for me. If I have a setting on my side that says it will do this for me, then I expect it to do just that, and it doesn't.

    So regardless of what another company's product does or doesn't do, Microsoft's product does not do what it says it does and what its users tell it to do. That is a bug, even if the bug is just miswording what that setting is supposed to do.

    Microsoft, please fix. Outlook has had calendars with reminders for decades. It's well past time for this functionality to be in the product. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-10T20:51:16+00:00

    My thoughts exactly

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-05-15T15:46:24+00:00

    Hi Pat_Fernandez,

    I'm writing to follow up on this thread. If there are any updates on your side, please post back information above at your convenience.

    Best regards,

    Shyamal

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments