Reminders for external invites in outlook now.

Anonymous
2022-05-11T09:27:24+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I'd like to know if there is a way to set Reminders for external invites in outlook because me and my team are receiving invites from other calendars and we miss the meetings because the reminders are not automatically set after we accept the external invitation.

Thank you in advance

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-03T19:14:35+00:00

    Given so many folks are reporting this issue, and it would be trivial for Microsoft to fix it on their end, I don't think it matters who's really at fault here. Please just fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-19T18:33:17+00:00

    Same issue here.

    When I miss a meeting it looks like I did not want to attend but it is because the sender does not have the default set at a reminder. I should not have to accept an invite and then go straight to my calendar, find the invite and then set a reminder. The default for Google should be 15 min for everyone and changed to none.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-25T19:12:36+00:00

    I have missed a number of meetings because of this same issue, and it has been happening for a better part of the past year. Finally got frustrated, and look for a solution, only to find out that it's an ongoing issue that Microsoft still hasn't fixed. It is all external meeting invites, when it is not from another Outlook/Microsoft Account - this is primarily Google, but does extend to when I manually import an event using an ical file as well. I have to manually set a reminder notice, otherwise I usually miss these meetings.

    Please prioritize this bug fix, as its negatively effecting mine, and my company's professionalism.

    Not sure if it makes any difference, but I'm using a Mac, and using the desktop app. I'm sure this same issue is happening across Windows and in-browser platforms as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-20T18:54:50+00:00

    Actually you are right, mine is doing same for anyone outside org too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-20T14:50:02+00:00

    Same here, but it's from any non-Microsoft email service. I am not using the Outlook desktop app. I am using Windows calendar and/or the O365 calendar with the Edge browser. No change if I accept the invite from the Outlook mobile app, either.

    O365 Exchange just doesn't recognize an accepted calendar invite from an outside organization, at least non-Microsoft senders, and assign a reminder to it. I will report this in the Feedback hub but there is a character limit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments