In New Outlook, how do I get to create a message form User Templates in File System?

Anonymous
2023-04-21T11:14:18+00:00

Hello,

I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.

How do I do the same in New Outlook?

Thanks,

Paul

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-12T23:14:17+00:00

    Have you actually tried the new "My Template" app?

    It is ideal for short text-only content. You can't add tables or forms so it's pretty useless.

    I have done multiple searches on this issue, and I am surprised that they took away the form template features. I stand by my alternative solution of using custom Signatures to create templates. This has been working for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-12T21:48:51+00:00

    Howdy, not sure if this is still needed.

    In the new Outlook > classic ribbon > "Apps button" > "My templates" lives there.

    Matt

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-12T20:58:10+00:00

    The "my templates" in the New outlook only works on the Outlook application that you download, it DOES NOT work on Outlook when you open it through Google Chrome. Create a New Mail and you shall see an "My templates" icon appear in the layout pane above, image attached. This is only applicable for the downloaded new Outlook software not on google chrome. Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T04:37:45+00:00

    Solution by Cameron Powell1 is the best answer:

    • works the same in classic and new outlook, and it simplifies a lot the process of using full templates with prefilled Subject and Recipients
    • just double click on the .oft file.

    The concept is so simple it is surprising it is not available in Outlook online, nor explained in standard documentation instead of the insane digging through several menus and dialogs (New Items/More items/Choose Form/User Tenplates in File System...)

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/send-an-email-message-based-on-a-template-56c645fc-1b25-4059-808b-55ee72b6bc2d.

    Simple trick was there all this time, I never figured it out, thanks Cameron.

    Note that by dragging the .oft file to outlook icon in the taskbar you can pin it for easy access with right click if you only have a few templates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-29T01:01:30+00:00

    I am in the Classic Ribbon layout and can't see the templates in the new outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments