In New Outlook, how do I get to create a message form User Templates in File System?

Anonymous
2023-04-21T11:14:18+00:00

Hello,

I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.

How do I do the same in New Outlook?

Thanks,

Paul

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-03T13:19:00+00:00

    I waste a large amount of time daily trying to find/fix settings and find features that Microsoft messes up or neglects to pull into updates. It seems like Microsoft developers aren't familiar with the apps. It amazes me that every time Microsoft takes a step forward, it actually goes 10 steps backwards. This is why I will never use Microsoft applications outside of work, where I'm forced to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T12:20:36+00:00

    How to create and use Templates in Outlook (new). Complete step-by-step video guide: https://youtu.be/jn9UC0lQVdg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-17T13:07:05+00:00

    Would you mind sharing a screenshot of where you see "My templates" on the New Mail? I am not seeing it and use templates constantly in my day to day responsibilities at work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T02:19:07+00:00

    If you save your templates in your OneDrive, you can access it through the OneDrive Icon (it's located in the group of icons with the Calendar, People, Groups, To Do) under "My Files". This might work with non OFT files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments