In New Outlook, how do I get to create a message form User Templates in File System?

Anonymous
2023-04-21T11:14:18+00:00

Hello,

I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.

How do I do the same in New Outlook?

Thanks,

Paul

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T00:39:30+00:00

    Thanks for the video.

    I have finally gone back to "New Outlook" after Microsoft seemed to have fixed the bug where attachments needed to be downloaded, rather than open with a single click.

    Withing a day of going back, I then find that template emails don't work. The video is a workaround, but when I'm composing an email, why do I want to then go digging around to find the template and the open it in "New Outlook"? The idea of templates is to streamline the process of sending standard emails, digging around and opening a template file is not streamline. For me, its another fail of "New Outlook".

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-17T14:41:45+00:00

    Microsoft does have a solution, but it's painful to setup.

    To add "My Templates" to Apps in the new Outlook, follow these steps:

    1. Open a new email message in the new Outlook.
    2. Click on the "Insert" tab at the top of the email window.
    3. Select "Apps" from the dropdown menu.
    4. In the Apps window, click on "Add apps."
    5. Search for "My Templates" in the search bar.
    6. Click on "My Templates" and then click "Add" to install it.

    Once installed, you can access "My Templates" by clicking on the "Apps" button in the "Insert" tab and selecting "My Templates" from the list

    To add "My Templates" to a new email in the new Outlook, follow these steps:

    1. When composing a new message, go to the "Insert" tab.
    2. Click on "Apps" and then select "My Templates" from the dropdown menu.
    3. Your email templates will show up as they used to, but with some extra steps. 1

    If you need to create a new template, you can do so by:

    1. Opening a new email message in the new Outlook.
    2. Composing the email message as you would like it to appear in the template.
    3. Clicking on the three dots in the bottom right corner of the email message window.
    4. Selecting "Save as template" from the dropdown menu. 2 .

    I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-28T14:48:56+00:00

    This would be perfect, except that my organization just switched from Google, so I don't have any .oft files saved. Does anyone know if it's possible to write some in Notepad or something?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-04T17:00:58+00:00

    I can't seem to find that can you post screen shots?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-28T17:47:26+00:00

    Paul,

    I just stumbled on this Youtube video, 11 Must-Know OUTLOOK Tips and Tricks For PRODUCTIVITY. Tip #5 (4:34) is email templates. Lea David saves a template to her desktop and then opens it when she wants to use it again. I hope this helps!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEOzI24qYO0

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments