In New Outlook, how do I get to create a message form User Templates in File System?

Anonymous
2023-04-21T11:14:18+00:00

Hello,

I have several standard message templates that I currently access from the Home ribbon by clicking New Items->More Items-Choose Form. In the Choose Form dialog I change Look in to User Templates in File System and I can choose the template I want.

How do I do the same in New Outlook?

Thanks,

Paul

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T08:57:16+00:00

    Hi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/5e8af285-7f0d-48b1-bc89-a092411508e9,

    Thanks for your help, and tanks also to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/6507717e-3e64-487f-955b-360fec207d41.

    I left feedback on this and other problems when I reverted to old Outlook. Not enough working properly yet to be able to use the new in a business environment.

    Best wishes,

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T17:21:20+00:00

    Found a solution here:

    1. Go to: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
    2. Copy your templates stored here to your desktop. They are OFT files.
    3. Go to the templates now stored on your desktop, right click one and select "Open With" and select "Choose Another App".
      Select "Outlook (New)" AND "Always open with this app". Save.
    4. Close outlook fully.
    5. Go to your template you want to use (on your desktop) , double click it-then it will open New Outlook and your template a second or two later for sending.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T08:02:03+00:00

    The template feature is missing in New Outlook. Please vote for the issues in the Feedback Portal to show interest in this!

    New Outlook Needs Templates · Community (microsoft.com)

    Email templates fix · Community (microsoft.com)

    This is a MUST for many companies to make the transition to New Outlook! Especially the abitilty to distirubute default templates (designs).

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Gérard Oomens 132.3K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-04-27T15:34:12+00:00

    I guess it's not (yet) available in the new Outlook.

    You could provide feedback:

    Blogs (microsoft365.com)

    ....

    Feedback  

    We look forward to continuing to build Outlook for Windows using the valuable input we receive from you. 

    If you have any feedback or additional suggestions for improvements, please click Help > Feedback  to let us know. Actionable feedback is the most useful – tell us what you’re trying to do, and if anything fails to meet your hopes and expectations. 

    .......

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-15T16:20:29+00:00

    I am in the Classic Ribbon layout and can't see the templates in the new outlook.

    Me neither. I'll have to revert to old Outlook for this simple reason. None of the suggestions here work for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments