Outlook 2021 Contacts Window Opening in Fullscreen

Anonymous
2022-09-28T03:36:47+00:00

I just installed Office 2021 and I configured outlook. When I click on the "People" icon on the low left-hand side, it opens a window that occupies the entire outlook. This new window only contains one contact and that is it. I removed the contacts for now and only left 1. Please see the screen below. If there were more contacts they would show on the back of the wind ow. I cannot do anything to bring them to the front

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-22T13:29:47+00:00

    Apparently, a Microsoft Office update fixed the problem. My version is now "Microsoft Outlook 2019 MSO (Version 2211 Build 16.0.15831.20098) 64-bit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-27T18:55:32+00:00

    Gabriel, Thank you for posting a reply. When I go through these steps it does not FIX the problem restoring the screen to how it should look from recent OUTLOOK versions. NOW, here is a caveat. A few weeks back, I saw on the thread a WORK-A-ROUND to TEMPORARILY use UNTIL Outlook FIXED THE PROBLEM. See below:

    "I CAME ACROSS A TEMPORARY SOLUTION ON ANOTHER THREAD UNTIL the Outlook Team CORRECTS THIS PROBLEM.

    Here is a workaround:

    To work around this issue, you can disable the Reading Pane.  

    1. On the People pane select View, then Reading Pane, and set to Off.
    2. NOW if the View menu/bar on top of screen, is covered (as is the case), click Alt + Space Bar. A small box will appear, select Restore.
    3. This will revert the screen view to what is was last year in an earlier Outlook version. NOW you can go back to STEP ONE and complete.
    4. I was able to use OUTLOOK and make changes to client infor, notes, etc THIS WORKED FOR ME." Today 10/27/22 : When I click a client's name for all contact information, the SMALLER BOX still appears, the same way it appears under earlier Outlook versions. So, the question begs, if Outlook released a FIX to the problem, how do I get back to what would be seen for CONTACTS using the most recent version?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments