Outlook 2021 Contacts Window Opening in Fullscreen

Anonymous
2022-09-28T03:36:47+00:00

I just installed Office 2021 and I configured outlook. When I click on the "People" icon on the low left-hand side, it opens a window that occupies the entire outlook. This new window only contains one contact and that is it. I removed the contacts for now and only left 1. Please see the screen below. If there were more contacts they would show on the back of the wind ow. I cannot do anything to bring them to the front

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-17T18:16:46+00:00

    It is Oct 17 and NO UPDATE/CORRECTION FROM MICROSOFT

    Microsoft where are you??? This is CLEARLY an Outlook Widows 11 update problem!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-17T18:13:46+00:00

    Microsoft where are you??? This is CLEARLY an Outlook Widows 11 update problem!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-13T18:25:32+00:00

    Been 2 weeks and no resolution from Microsoft. Any eta from their engineering team at the very least?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-08T19:29:58+00:00

    Hi everyone. Just my two cents from my experience. I have a new Windows 11 system I purchased last year with Outlook from Office 2019 installed on it. I have had no issues with it until today. Coincidentally, I just recently purchased another Windows 11 system with the same Outlook which has no contacts set up yet. I was proceeding to figure out how to set up my contacts from my 2021 computer onto my 2022 computer when I discovered this issue. Sounds like a Microsoft Outlook issue just started for a bunch of us. Please help us Microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-07T23:26:35+00:00

    I started experiencing the same issue a few days ago - Contacts opens white pane with one address obscuring most of Outlook window. As per another thread I rolled back my Office version from 2209 to 2208 {Version 2208 (Build 15601.20148)} dated Sep 13, 2022 and disabled Automatic Updates for Office. That's fixed it for me temporarily, but it appears there's a bug in the latest update (2209).

    Here's the reference I used for rolling back to previous version:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-revert-to-an-earlier-version-of-office-2bd5c457-a917-d57e-35a1-f709e3dda841

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments