Outlook 2021 Contacts Window Opening in Fullscreen

Anonymous
2022-09-28T03:36:47+00:00

I just installed Office 2021 and I configured outlook. When I click on the "People" icon on the low left-hand side, it opens a window that occupies the entire outlook. This new window only contains one contact and that is it. I removed the contacts for now and only left 1. Please see the screen below. If there were more contacts they would show on the back of the wind ow. I cannot do anything to bring them to the front

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-06T13:38:09+00:00

    Hi all,

    I posted a Known Issue article to explain the workaround, Outlook cannot display contacts in People View (microsoft.com). Please see this article and let me know if any questions.

    The Outlook Team is working on a fix. I will post back when I know the fix will go out. I will also update the topic linked above with that information as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-06T12:23:24+00:00

    I came across another thread that said the following:

    "To work around this issue, you can disable the Reading Pane. 

    1. On the People pane select View, then Reading Pane, and set to Off.
    2. If the View menu is covered, click Alt + Space Bar, and then select Restore. This will get you back to the minimized state and you can now do the Reading Pane change in Step 1.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-06T02:00:30+00:00

    A quick update: I went back and removed all the contacts that I had (I have a backup) and then I set the "Reading Pane" to OFF. I then added 3 contacts and I went back and forth between mail, calendar, and contacts and it seems to have been fixed, for now, the issue

    I realized that this is not optimal for someone like me, who may have lots of contacts. This is because each contact needs to be removed individually one by one. This is tedious and counterproductive to what Microsoft preaches: High productivity. But it is working for me for now. I will keep digging and I will keep you guys posted

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T23:42:15+00:00

    I too am experiencing this problem. When in Outlook, all functions of Outlook work properly EXCEPT when in CONTACTS. When I open Contacts, the BOX typically on the R half of the screen that contains all of the contacts information and notes now appears hovering on the left half of the screen, covering over the alphabetical contact list . There is no way to move it, rendering the program unusable. I believe that this may be the result of a recent WINDOWs update within the past 10 days. (Windows 11 seems to have updates every other day.) Or possibly an Outlook update (today is Oct 4). I went into File/Office Account to check for available OUTLOOK updates. The worse of it is that if you attempt to go into the box to retrieve information on the notes - it deletes the contact!!!! I have Office Home & Business 2016 auto updated to 2021. Windows 10 auto updated to Windows 11.

    I am hopeful that WINDOWS or OUTLOOK has an update to auto correct soon!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T21:45:36+00:00

    Here is the formal article for this issue with workarounds, Outlook cannot display contacts in People View (microsoft.com).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments