Adding attachment to Meeting Invites You Do Not Own

Anonymous
2023-08-21T11:53:45+00:00

Hi there

I used to be able to add files to meeting invites in my calendar (that I was not organising) [I could add emails, files to it for my own reference and to send to all the other attendees] I don't seem to be able to do that anymore. Is there a problem with this function now?

Kind regards

ZM

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T18:35:45+00:00

    hey.. for those that cannot add notes to any meeting that you do not own (feature now hidden).... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/editadd-meeting-notes-on-meeting-invite-sent-from/fce7b3b1-b651-4c88-90fd-4cddb48e2a17

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T18:13:41+00:00

    Unfortunately, this has been a known issues since the morning after they pushed through these updates in Aug 2023. The Microsoft team is well aware of the multiple complaints, so as nothing has done to correct it I can only assume that means they just don't care.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T23:58:47+00:00

    Hi there

    I used to be able to add files to meeting invites in my calendar (that I was not organising) [I could add emails, files to it for my own reference and to send to all the other attendees] I don't seem to be able to do that anymore. Is there a problem with this function now?

    Kind regards

    ZM

    I have the same question. Why would Microsoft take this feature out, Did they even conduct a survey before they changed it? Such an important feature!

    Regards

    Kay

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-06T18:26:45+00:00

    I have the same issue. My VP receives interview meeting invites from recruiters. I have an evaluation form that I prep, along with resume and job description. I used to open the meeting invite attach the documents, and in the body of the meeting, would add notes for my VP to prep for call. I no longer have the ability to add attachments, or notes to the body.

    Additional problem is meetings that I create and invite from VP's calendar, I would also add the occasional attachment and/or note: John Doe will be 10 minutes late to meeting. I don't want other invitees to see the attachment or not. Until a couple of months ago, I had 3 options when saving the meeting. (1) send update to all attendees; (2) save updates without sending; (3) Cancel, not save. Update 2 is no longer an option and still impeding my work, even after 2 months. I cannot leave notes to my VP in the meeting without sending to all attendees or not saving at all.

    Please bring back these features. I have heard from more than enough co-workers that they're frustrated, too, when these features simply disappear overnight.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-12T13:14:17+00:00

    I totally agree! This is an issue. At times, I have to email the organizer to add the attachment. However, there are items that are not be seen by everyone, so I have to create another calendar item just so I can add the attachment. This makes the calendar look cluttered!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments