Adding attachment to Meeting Invites You Do Not Own

Anonymous
2023-08-21T11:53:45+00:00

Hi there

I used to be able to add files to meeting invites in my calendar (that I was not organising) [I could add emails, files to it for my own reference and to send to all the other attendees] I don't seem to be able to do that anymore. Is there a problem with this function now?

Kind regards

ZM

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-15T17:21:46+00:00

    I am having this same issue and it is very frustrating for me. My CEO relies on the additional information that I add to her calendar invites and I used this feature daily.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T20:16:35+00:00

    This is a HUGE issue! I can't believe that this change was even implemented! I am a PA for a senior VP at a major university and have ALWAYS attached background information to calendar invites so that the information was held in one place. This change was a TERRIBLE idea! Please add this functionality back. The suggested workarounds are TERRIBLE and a time suck. No one has time for these shenanigans! This is basic calendaring functionality.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-20T06:22:17+00:00

    You assume we can run as an administrator, which is usually locked down by IT

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T12:51:55+00:00

    I too have an issue with this feature being changed. I, quite often attach items to meeting invites received from the outside for my Executive. These attached items contain information related to the meeting which my Executive requires. Removing this feature is a great inconvenience and I respectfully request that the feature be reinstated.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-06T04:57:58+00:00

    These instructions are not helpful as the company does not allow for changes to their systems - it is very silly as to why such an important feature will be removed. Pls give another workaround, thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments