Outlook for Mac not showing attachments in preview pane

Anonymous
2022-10-11T06:37:17+00:00

Hi.

I am using Macbook with MacOS Big Sur (11.2.3) and ran into a problem with Outlook, out of nowhere. I can't see attachments in any of my emails even though I can see the paperclip icon that indicates that the email has an attachment.

I've tried any tips I could find but nothing can solve the problem. This problem only occurs in the application version while the web version runs smoothly.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-25T12:14:36+00:00

    None of the suggestions above worked for me.

    What did work was:

    Top menu> Outlook>New Outlook>deselect

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-25T16:49:51+00:00

    I have the same issue, tried all of the above solution, nothing works.

    I have a button to return to the old version of outlook for Mac, and that is the only solution for me that works and than I get to see the attachments again. But it has a very outdated layout, I miss the new features.. It's disappointing..

    It all happened after an update recently of Outlook for Mac, I have another MacBook where I now refuse to do the update and therefore I can still see the attachments.

    Please help me out, it drives me crazy and I can't work efficiently like this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-19T19:49:50+00:00

    Hello, I am experiencing the same problem.

    I tried removing and adding the account.

    I tried removing and adding the profile.

    I tried the .plist files

    I tried re-installing outlook

    Nothing works. It's driving me mad. It's disruptive to my work. I missed important updates because I did not realize an attachment was there.

    If I know there is an attachment, the only way I can see the attachment, is forwarding the message. When I do, then I see it in the draft forwarded message window.

    Do you have other solutions?

    Thank you,

    Borna

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-25T18:37:12+00:00

    Also, reverting back to legacy outlook is problematic as you will lose your favorites and some emails will disappear and not be searchable. Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-25T18:28:46+00:00

    This issues has popped up again with their most recent update. 16.69. I tried the beta 16.70, but that did not correct the issue. From experience with this, It can only be resolved by reverting to legacy until they correct with a new update. Can you advise on when that may be.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments