Outlook for Mac not showing attachments in preview pane

Anonymous
2022-10-11T06:37:17+00:00

Hi.

I am using Macbook with MacOS Big Sur (11.2.3) and ran into a problem with Outlook, out of nowhere. I can't see attachments in any of my emails even though I can see the paperclip icon that indicates that the email has an attachment.

I've tried any tips I could find but nothing can solve the problem. This problem only occurs in the application version while the web version runs smoothly.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T21:47:13+00:00
    • I am having the same issue. I am running Big Sur 11.2.2 and Outlook for Mac 16.70.
    • I can see attachments that I upload to emails I create.
    • I can see the paperclip on emails that are sent to me that have attachments, BUT I can't see the actual attachments when I click on the email.
    • My current work around is to forward the email that I have received from someone else, then I can see the attachments in the draft email outlook creates and download them from there.
    • My machine is really stable and I don't want to upgrade my OS, but looks like I may have to do that.
    • Running a Early 2015 MacBook Pro 13-inch with Intel Core i7

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-25T21:38:23+00:00

    I actually did the upgrade to Ventura after everything else did not work, and for me that resolved it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-17T13:40:44+00:00

    I just found a 2nd solution. Buying a new MacBook Pro also fixes this issue!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-08T19:07:44+00:00

    I had the same problem, and the only thing that worked is switching my outlook to the old one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-11T08:41:27+00:00

    Dear Paulina Gracianna,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you!

    Given that you mentioned that your problem only happens in the Outlook client, then the first thing you have to do is to check if Mac Outlook has been updated to the latest version, which can handle more emails and their large size attachments more efficiently. You can see this document: Attachments missing from emails when using macOS Big Sur

    Also please try to reset your account to check the result: you need to quickly remove your account from Mac Outlook and then add it again. Follow the steps below to reset your account. First, open "Outlook" and go to the "Tools" option> now, select the account from the tool options> select the account you want to remove from the account settings> click the delete button and confirm that you have chosen to delete the account > delete the account, launch Outlook again and add the same account details to reset it.

    In addition please kindly try following to check the result:

    1. Quit Outlook for Mac.
    2. Locate the following files:"~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Preferences”
    3. Move these. plist files to Trash, but do not empty Trash and delete the files.
    4. Re-open Outlook, check whether the issue is resolved. If yes, you can delete the files mentioned above in Trash. Otherwise, please put the deleted files back to the old location.

    Besides if none of the above worked, then please try Create a new profile

    If none of the above methods work for you, then please let me know and please give me feedback on the results of your attempts at the above methods so that I can do more research, and I will be happy to continue to help you!

    Thanks in advance for your understanding! Your patience and cooperation will be highly appreciated. Hope you all the best!

    Sincerely,

    Kerry Chen | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments