Outlook App keeps crashing on iPhone iOS 16.0.2

Anonymous
2022-09-28T03:38:32+00:00

iPhone 14 Pro iOS 16.0.2 and the newest Outlook .

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, cleared my cache in Safari, restarted my iPhone, switched airplane mode on and off, and nothing has resolved the issue.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T22:50:20+00:00

    There’s clearly a glitch in the latest outlook update. I’ve tried everything suggested in this thread and it still isn’t working. A fix or patch needs to be released asap.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T22:06:01+00:00

    This is exactly what happened to me. The thread view began all by itself after an automatic update. I toggled it in settings and it immediately crashed and now crashes before getting open. I’ve updated iOS and uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook app with no effect. I am now on 16.0.02 and no idea what Outlook version but it updated automatically today. Infuriating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T22:04:08+00:00

    Ditto. iPhone app was working great yesterday. It appears to have changed/updated overnight. This morning the main page had the search magnifying glass in the bottom right corner instead of in the middle. Emails were also grouped by thread. When I tried to change this view the app started crashing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T18:31:27+00:00

    I have exactly the same issue - first it started grouping my messages into conversation threads so I checked the settings it was toggled off so I tried to reset it by toggling it on then the app crashed. I have tried everything (cache clear, phone restart, reinstalling but each time the same result - the app tries to open for a few seconds then returns me to the Home Screen.

    It is still working fine on my 2nd phone which I have not upgraded to iOS 16 yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T15:39:42+00:00

    I have the exact issue and attempted the same thing to fix the threads I didn’t want. I assumed turning it “on” and back “off” would “reset” the thread sorting view. Instead I have endless crashes. I have deleted, powered off, etc. like everyone else. No change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments