Outlook App keeps crashing on iPhone iOS 16.0.2

Anonymous
2022-09-28T03:38:32+00:00

iPhone 14 Pro iOS 16.0.2 and the newest Outlook .

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, cleared my cache in Safari, restarted my iPhone, switched airplane mode on and off, and nothing has resolved the issue.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T15:49:16+00:00

    It seems to all start when you toggle off threads in the Outlook settings. The moment you touch that - the App crashes. The only way that I have found to fix this is to reset your phone, and then set it up again using an iCloud backup from a time when it works. It is working now

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T14:32:32+00:00

    I am having the same problem - the app is crashing while opening. This started happening AFTER i noticed the email thread count being displayed even though the function was toggled OFF in the settings. I turned the organize by thread feature ON and the crashing started. I cleared cache, deleted the app, reinstalled and it keeps crashing.

    Microsoft Outlook iPhone app updated one day ago to version 4.2238.0, on iOS 16.0.2

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T06:40:26+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem on my iPhone. The App crashes before it even opens. I have cleared the cache, deleted the App and re-installed it, but with exactly the same result. Crashing before the App even opens,

    In addition, on my iPad (no update) despite the toggle being off, the App on my iPad keeps sorting mail into threads. I cannot get it to stop doing that. This is also a new issue. Very irritating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T05:52:51+00:00
    1. 4.2238.0, I can't provide a screenshot. Because it's keep crashing.
    2. I can't because it's keep crashing.
    3. This is the first time to install outlook on my new phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T05:26:38+00:00

    DearĀ .LCOOOOD,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

    Based on your description, I understand that you have a concern with the "Outlook App keeps crashing on iPhone iOS 16.0.2". Before we proceed, we need more detailed information about the situation you are experiencing.

    We previously had a similar issue, which has since been corrected by the updated Outlook version. We'd like to collect information to investigate the issue, therefore I'm updating iOS on my end to test it. Please help us in isolating the issue by providing the following information:

    1. What version of Outlook are you using? Could you please provide a screenshot?
    2. Have you tried resetting the account on the device? Open Outlook app > Settings > Select the email account > Reset Account.
    3. Have you made any changes prior to this issue, like updating outlook or iOS?

    We look forward to hearing from you; Please understand that our initial reply may not always immediately resolve the issue. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution. Thank you for your cooperation.

    Sincerely,

    De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments