2 Outlook icons just appeared on my Start Menu and I want them to go away

Anonymous
2021-06-22T19:31:15+00:00

they do nothing. Can't even uninstall them when you right click.

I never use Outlook not even sure where these came from. I do have Office student 2016

I ideas on how to get rid of these??

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T12:13:18+00:00

    OK that got rid of ALL my 2016 Office BUT still leaves the Start Menu with the "mutant: Outlook Icons that do nothing and ALSO and Office icon that also does nothing.

    I would like to get rid of these before reinstalling Office.

    HOW????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T12:09:01+00:00

    Make sure you download any office installer from the official Microsoft Website, because you may end-up installing some spam version of fake Office installer which can ruin your system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T11:55:57+00:00

    actually I tried that the other day and it did not.

    NOW this morning I cant even get it to work at all and when I try to uninstall it I get an error message saying that The Microsoft online is having issues. UGH

    So I am downloaded SetupProd_Offscrub.exe and trying toi get that to UNinstall it.

    what a mess because Edge was having ISSUES and I tried to fix MY laptop when it wasnt MY laptop

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T11:44:26+00:00

    Do you have the setup of the Office Student version?

    If yes then run it try to repair or reinstall the Office and see if that eliminates these two icons.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T11:38:02+00:00

    Here's the story. There are issues with Microsoft and ITS WEBSITE. I've been having an issue with Edge for days and finally someone got back to me telling me its Microsoft not me.

    This is part of the problem. Those 2 "mutant" icons in my Start Menu came from when I had to reinstall Office. NOW they wont go away.

    How can ypu make them go away??

    This morning I did a Restore and am having a HUGE issue with Office Student so I can do anything.

    this is a mess.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments