Outlook displays banner that says: Check your connection Open a browser to sign into ______.com and receive new emails

Anonymous
2020-08-06T16:24:56+00:00

When I click the button it opens a generic msn webpage. My company uses DSSO so everything is already signed in. Can't seem to find anyone else who has had this error. I have tried repairing office, recreating mail profile etc.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-15T10:48:17+00:00

    Has this been resolved? I have the same issue and cannot figured out how to make it go away. I am connected via ethernet.

    Thanks in advance for any assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-16T15:50:11+00:00

    This worked for my user, too. They noted that their connection name in Outook had  "2" appended at the end but the actual network connection doesn't reflect this. Either way, disconnecting from the network and reconnecting resolved the banner message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-11T15:45:10+00:00

    We have a user with the same issue. There is no real problem except for the annoying banner.

    Opened Outlook in safe mode, repaired Outlook, verified network connections, definitely connected to internet via wireless and no other connections, still receiving email without issue. 

    Our org uses Azure AD with Office365, devices are connected to endpoint manager and all users/computers are on the domain. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-09T15:17:43+00:00

    It would be helpful if Microsoft could explain why this thing pops up, which it did for me, for the first time, today.   If they could explain why, then maybe we wouldn't need to keep guessing at solutions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-10T21:41:27+00:00

    I just started having this same issue too. I'm a home user, on wired LAN, using Microsoft 365 Family subscription. What I also notice is after the banner shows up in Outlook, within a few minutes my browser launches all on its own and goes to an MSN page. When I close the browser, this happens again about every 3-5 minutes or so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments