Outlook displays banner that says: Check your connection Open a browser to sign into ______.com and receive new emails

Anonymous
2020-08-06T16:24:56+00:00

When I click the button it opens a generic msn webpage. My company uses DSSO so everything is already signed in. Can't seem to find anyone else who has had this error. I have tried repairing office, recreating mail profile etc.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T19:11:43+00:00

    Thank you so much for the quick reply. I saved your information just in case I

    need it in the future. I actually fixed the problem shortly after my post for help.

    I deleted my account and stated all over again. So far so good! Again thanks for reaching out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-17T08:03:36+00:00

    This feature is available in Outlook for Windows for Current Channel (Preview) users on Version 2004 (Build 12730.20150) or later. Following the registry entry will disable it.

    reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\General" /v "EnableImprovedCaptivePortalExperience" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

    Just started getting this banner two days ago and the above solution has worked great for me. Thanks for posting that!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-18T18:16:12+00:00

    Yes Sir! Please find my below reply.

    This feature is available in Outlook for Windows for Current Channel (Preview) users on Version 2004 (Build 12730.20150) or later. Following the registry entry will disable it.

    reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\General" /v "EnableImprovedCaptivePortalExperience" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments