Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
It is obvious that Microsoft couldn't care less about customer satisfaction.
Maybe I will have to do what others have suggested. Go to another service.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It appears there is now a new login page for Outlook Live Online which is the main login for all Microsoft accounts. It also appears this new page is blocking the autofill feature on Chrome for the user name. I have been meaning to switch to another email client for some time now and this is definitely the last straw which has put me over the edge. Anyone know anything about this?
Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It is obvious that Microsoft couldn't care less about customer satisfaction.
Maybe I will have to do what others have suggested. Go to another service.
@Schmactor:
I finally got my Greasemonkey version of your script to run (and enable autocomplete in the Sign On page).
I had to add this metadata key:
// @run-at document-idle
The above metadata key causes the script to run after the page and all resources (images, style sheets, etc.) are loaded and page scripts have run.
I no longer have to wait for Microsoft to "investigate the problem", (as you know) the script re-enables autocomplete in the Sign On page. THANKS AGAIN!!!
@To all others who would like to have auto-complete enabled in the Microsoft Sign On page ....
If you are willing to install a free browser extension that runs user scripts, then you can easily enable the auto-complete function in the Microsoft Sign On page.
For Chrome, search for and install the Tampermonkey extension, then install the script that Schmactor described in his post (in this thread) of May 9, 2016.
F or Firefox, search for and install the Greasemonkey extension, then install the following script ...
// ==UserScript==
// @author langware
// @version 1.0.0
// @name Enable auto-complete in MS Sign-on page
// @include https://login.live.com/\*
// @date May 9, 2016
// @run-at document-idle
// @grant none
// ==/UserScript==
var elmLink = document.getElementById("i0281");
if (elmLink != null)
{
elmLink.removeAttribute("autocomplete");
}
they [Microsoft] have said this is NOT something that currently needs addressing.
ZigZag3143,
At this point, I tend to agree with you .... it looks like Microsoft has no intention of bringing back the auto-complete function in the Sign On Page.
The "fix" for this issue is trivial ... all Microsoft would have to do is change autocomplete="off" to autocomplete="on" in the HTML for the Sign On page. If Microsoft was going to restore the auto-complete function to the Sign On Page, they would have done so by now.
Perhaps you could ask your higher contacts in Microsoft to explain why we customers are being lied to (by Microsoft engaged moderators) ... why doesn't Microsoft just tell us the truth: that they have purposely removed the auto-complete function from the Sign On Page (and what was their rationale)?
The following are just some of the misleading replies I have received to the Service Request I opened with the Microsoft Answer Desk [my comments are in brackets after each response]:
If Microsoft has decided that this issue is not something that needs addressing, then perhaps your higher contacts can explain why Microsoft engaged moderators are posting misleading responses like the ones above? Why not just tell us the truth???
I have much higher contacts in Microsoft than Langware and AFAIK as they have said this is NOT something that currently needs addressing.
They are making changes to the log on to support MS ID'S of various products.
Again, they probably don't see this as a "fix" that needs to be made. They have already made the decision that for security reasons it is better to block autofill on the sign in page. I disagree, but there are many other websites that do the same thing.