Outlook.com contacts not syncing to iPhone (but calendar and e-mail are)

Anonymous
2017-05-06T16:45:51+00:00

Hoping someone can help.

THE ISSUE: My new iPhone 7 isn't pulling in my contacts into the Phone >Contacts app (the stock iPhone contacts app) from Outlook.com. It's strange because both my e-mail and calendar from Outlook.com are syncing properly.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

* I've removed the Outlook.com account and readded.  Still nothing.

* I've unchecked the "contacts" toggle and retoggled it back on. It says it's syncing, but the contacts are not there.

* Downloaded the Outlook app from the App Store. Confirmed the Contacts show up.

* Gone to Outlook.com and OPtions>General and confirmed the iPhone is in the Devices area.  Status is "OK"

Any thing else to try?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-08T06:29:42+00:00

    I had the same issue. I was wondering the contact didnt sync. Then I saw there was only one message in my outlook mailbox on the iphone. This message also didnt appear on outlook.com.

    In this message Microsoft tells you that they recommend Outlook for ios. They give you the choice to download the outlook app or start the sync with Apple mail. And if you look closly, you can see:

    if you don't choose something in this message, the sync automaticly starts in some hours.

    not the best way to recommend something..

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-23T15:00:20+00:00

    When I added my outlook.com account to my new iPhone X, the calendar sync'd within 5 minutes, but contacts did not (although group categories did immediately).  When you go on outlook.com under options --> general --> mobile devices, it shows the new mobile device is in quarantine.  It clears overnight and the contacts are sync'd.   I did delete the outlook.com account on my iPhone and reboot the phone.  Then added the account back.  I am unsure if the two are related, but on the outlook.com it is showing access granted now.  You may just need to give your phone time to have access granted or to sync.  In any case, my new iPhone X now has both contacts and calendar syncing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T08:42:42+00:00

    Hoping someone can help.

    THE ISSUE: My new iPhone 7 isn't pulling in my contacts into the Phone >Contacts app (the stock iPhone contacts app) from Outlook.com. It's strange because both my e-mail and calendar from Outlook.com are syncing properly.

    WHAT I'VE TRIED:

    * I've removed the Outlook.com account and readded.  Still nothing.

    * I've unchecked the "contacts" toggle and retoggled it back on. It says it's syncing, but the contacts are not there.

    * Downloaded the Outlook app from the App Store. Confirmed the Contacts show up.

    * Gone to Outlook.com and OPtions>General and confirmed the iPhone is in the Devices area.  Status is "OK"

    Any thing else to try?

    Hi There,

    I have had the same problem. I fixed it by going into the Outlook App --> Settings --> Click on the email under Accounts --> Turn on the Save Contacts.

    Cheers,

    Sam

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-12T18:16:57+00:00

    I tried a lot of things that the other posts suggest without success.  I don't usually sync my mail to the Apple mail app I just sync my contacts.  But I decided to check to see if at least the mail would show up.  I noted that only one message was showing up, and it was a message with a link to complete the process of syncing my outlook.com mail with my iPhone.  Oddly this email was not appearing on the outlook.com web app.  However, when I clicked the link to allow the syncing to continue (I think the button said that I prefer not to use the Outlook app for iPhone, which I do actually use) then all of my contacts showed up.  As a side note my Outlook app for iPhone is still working just fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-08T23:21:07+00:00

    Hi there,

    As you mentioned above, you already tried to perform the suggested steps from the previous support and the same issue persists. In this case, we actually need to check and isolate the main issue if this has something to do with the device, with the iCloud sync settings, or with the account itself. We may need to perform some troubleshooting steps here and see if this helps or make any changes:

    Step 1: Restart the Contacts, Calendar, or Reminders app.

    1. Double-click the Home button to see your open apps.
    2. Find the app, then swipe up to close it.
    3. Press the Home button to return to your Home screen.
    4. Wait a minute, then open the app again.

    Step 2: Turn off iCloud Contacts, Calendar, or Reminders and turn it back on.

    1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud. (If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud.)
    2. Slide to turn off Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders.
    3. If you see your calendars or reminders on iCloud.com or any of your devices, you can choose Delete from My [device]. If not, choose Keep on My [device].
    4. Wait a few minutes, then turn on Contacts, Calendar, or Reminders again.

    Step 3: Restart your device.

    Let us know if this will help address your concern.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments