Outlook.com contacts not syncing to iPhone (but calendar and e-mail are)

Anonymous
2017-05-06T16:45:51+00:00

Hoping someone can help.

THE ISSUE: My new iPhone 7 isn't pulling in my contacts into the Phone >Contacts app (the stock iPhone contacts app) from Outlook.com. It's strange because both my e-mail and calendar from Outlook.com are syncing properly.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

* I've removed the Outlook.com account and readded.  Still nothing.

* I've unchecked the "contacts" toggle and retoggled it back on. It says it's syncing, but the contacts are not there.

* Downloaded the Outlook app from the App Store. Confirmed the Contacts show up.

* Gone to Outlook.com and OPtions>General and confirmed the iPhone is in the Devices area.  Status is "OK"

Any thing else to try?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-29T20:12:22+00:00

    I actually solved my own problem. I got so frustated that I just stopped and left the iPhone as it was configured. The next morning when I woke up the contacts were there.

    I don't know why, but the sync seems either to take ages or just happens very infrequently. At least there is no indication if it is syncing or not at all and it also seems that this is not an incremental sync but rather an all-or-nothing approach. Strange, but data is now there.

    Perhaps some patience helps others as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-23T22:47:44+00:00

    Hi,

    If you have already tried all the suggested steps on this thread and the issue still persists, we request that you take a moment to send us your feedback on our Outlook UserVoice site. In this way, you can let our Support Engineers know about this.We'd love to hear from you. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new suggestion.

    We appreciate your continued interest and support in Microsoft. Your feedback helps us to continuously improve your experience with our products.

    If you have further questions, feel free to post on the Community.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-22T21:15:00+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the same problem with my iphoneX. Did anybody find a solution for this?

    The contacts don't appear no matter how often I restart the phone or readd the outlook.com account.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-02T05:23:42+00:00

    This is what I did also (every step) and it worked for me too. I have found that this is the only thing that has finally fixed my issue with syncing my Outlook contacts into my iPhone. Thanks for the comment above!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-10-12T11:12:52+00:00

    What if my device is suddenly showing as quarantined?

    It was working perfectly fine before?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments