Outlook.com contacts not syncing to iPhone (but calendar and e-mail are)

Anonymous
2017-05-06T16:45:51+00:00

Hoping someone can help.

THE ISSUE: My new iPhone 7 isn't pulling in my contacts into the Phone >Contacts app (the stock iPhone contacts app) from Outlook.com. It's strange because both my e-mail and calendar from Outlook.com are syncing properly.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

* I've removed the Outlook.com account and readded.  Still nothing.

* I've unchecked the "contacts" toggle and retoggled it back on. It says it's syncing, but the contacts are not there.

* Downloaded the Outlook app from the App Store. Confirmed the Contacts show up.

* Gone to Outlook.com and OPtions>General and confirmed the iPhone is in the Devices area.  Status is "OK"

Any thing else to try?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-08T18:21:21+00:00

    I have the same question

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-07T13:53:54+00:00

    Even Apple couldn't fix this, basically you will get an email from Outlook in your inbox and it states

    "ACTION REQUIRED TO SYNC CONTACTS"

    Read this email and either use the Outlook app or say no to use the default mail app with your iPhone.

    If you don't want the outlook app then hit no and then all your contacts will sync

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-07-29T03:02:17+00:00

    Thanks, That worked. I had two iPhones listed and deleted them both. I did not have to reset my phone. The contacts appeared!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-07T22:47:00+00:00

    Worked for me, but give it a little time for contacts to show up.  They weren't there immediately after I followed the steps and went back into the contacts app after restarting my phone.  I went into groups and toggled outlook on and off, but I don't think that immediately fixed it.  But after a few minutes the contacts showed up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments