Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-09-10T14:20:02+00:00

    I was horrified this morning when signing in to my Hotmail account to find it had been changed to Outlook. I hate it. Been  getting ton’s of unwanted emails all day from the USA and other parts of the globe with offers but I do live in the UK.  I have spent most of the day blocking unwanted mail.

    I never got anything like this with my Hotmail Account.  I WANT IT BACK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-05T22:43:50+00:00

    I'm curious what you'll do if Google decides it's time to update the gmail interface.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-02T15:31:42+00:00

    Be sure to tell Microsoft your thoughts by visiting http://feedback.live.com/.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-08T20:35:11+00:00

    Unfortunately, If you were auto updated there is no option to revert back.  Microsoft is upgrading everyone to Outlook.com in the coming weeks

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/outlook/auto-upgrade-outlook-FAQ

    If you have specific questions or issues we would be happy to help.

    If you want to go back to the desktop version of Outlook instead of the mobile site, please follow the steps below.

    1. Login to your account
    2. Follow this link http://profile.live.com/contacts?bfv=um.
    3. Click the word "PC site" at the bottom part of the page

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-08T20:31:38+00:00

    My live account also turned into Outlook (maddening (><) that it does that btw) and I accidentally selected the mobile option. How do I get my original Live account back. The mobile thing is awful.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments