Why are some people on Teams calls showing as a black screen?

Anonymous
2023-11-20T14:44:57+00:00

On Teams calls on new Teams, when on calls with multiple people, usually one or more of them are showing as a black screen. If I share screens, they will suddenly appear as normal on the side of the screen, so it's nothing to do with their camera settings or privacy shield.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T14:58:44+00:00

    I have the same issue with two different users. I was having the issue on my own device a few weeks ago but I just ignored it and it fixed itself at some point. While that may be acceptable to me (part of an IT team), that is not an acceptable answer for our users. Has anyone figured out a surefire solution to this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-11T19:53:03+00:00

    I am on an Alienware system as well and having this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-11T19:50:48+00:00

    I am having the same issue and have to keep reverting back to the old Teams every time it automatically updates.

    MS folks, it has been several months now. Can someone please acknowledge that this issue is being looked into?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T19:38:49+00:00

    I have someone who is having this issue, and she says it is fixed by closing out any Chrome windows. Maybe that will help someone get to a solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments