I can't copy the subtitles of a meeting

Anonymous
2025-06-17T14:06:51+00:00

I'm used to copy the subs of a meeting in word to make a summary of the meetings using AI. But from this day, I have a pop up saying that I can't copy the selected text. I turned off my PC and started TEAMS again but it didn't work. My colleagues at the office have don't have this problem, as they can copy paste subtitles perfectly. I tried to upload a screenshot but apparently there is a problem with it.

Thank you in advance

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T11:31:37+00:00

    As a full-time wheelchair user who cannot use my hands, I’ve relied heavily on the ability to copy live captions from Teams meetings as an essential accessibility support.

    My company does not permit recording/transcribing meetings, so the ability to copy captions provided a vital alternative, allowing me to review, understand, and retain meeting content in order to do my job effectively.

    This recent change has removed a core accessibility feature for many users like me. It’s not just a convenience, it’s a lifeline to participation, productivity, and inclusion.

    I strongly urge Microsoft to reconsider this change, or at the very least to explore an accessibility exception or alternative path for those of us who depend on this functionality to work.

    Please don’t let a compliance concern come at the cost of accessibility.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T07:02:48+00:00

    Dear Sunny,

    To be honest, after reading the whole thread, I think the response is insufficient.

    I understand the concern about improving content protection, but I still don't understand how taking notes during a meeting you have been invited to and are participating in constitutes stealing from someone, as we all do in work meetings. In this case, copying the subtitles helps you to take better notes on what you are already listening to.

    Removing this functionality causes problems for users, and these problems are not solved by using the Teams transcription option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T06:49:20+00:00

    Dear Sunny,

    Thanks for your reply. As you may see on other replies, this feature is highly useful for many situations. The transcription is not a mere substitute for this, as many persons may not like their meetings to be recorded by an AI. Check the replies and you will see how umpopular is this change. Hope Microsoft reconsider his position about this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T15:18:25+00:00

    Looks like its time to look for an alternative to teams.

    I used the copy the text from phone calls (live captions) and put into my tickets so the end user doesnt say "I didnt say that" and such.

    Also used it from meetings and put together a summary report with some of the conversation.

    Microsoft saying its for enhanced security, maybe Microsoft should just worry about not breaking computers with updates

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-17T22:33:54+00:00

    This started happening to me today as well. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments