I can't copy the subtitles of a meeting

Anonymous
2025-06-17T14:06:51+00:00

I'm used to copy the subs of a meeting in word to make a summary of the meetings using AI. But from this day, I have a pop up saying that I can't copy the selected text. I turned off my PC and started TEAMS again but it didn't work. My colleagues at the office have don't have this problem, as they can copy paste subtitles perfectly. I tried to upload a screenshot but apparently there is a problem with it.

Thank you in advance

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T08:54:18+00:00

    Really disappointed that Microsoft removed the ability to copy text from live captions in Teams. I used that all the time to quickly summarise key points during meetings—it made a big difference, especially when discussions moved fast or when I needed to follow up afterward. Without it, I’m stuck either scrambling to take notes manually or hoping I remember everything.

    It’s also a big step back for accessibility. Live captions help so many people—whether you’re hard of hearing, neurodivergent, working in a noisy space, or just trying to keep up with a second language. Being able to copy that text was more than just a convenience—it was a lifeline for staying engaged and retaining information.

    What’s frustrating is that this kind of functionality should be standard in any modern communication tool. If anything, it should be getting better, not removed. Thankfully, Slack still supports this, so we’ll likely be shifting more of our conversations there for now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-18T14:11:48+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for the reply. I would be willing to try this, but I do not see the option for "Transcription". Only "Record and transcribe automatically". We do not record these daily working sessions, and no desire to waste the storage space recording them. So, that option will not provide the necessary information. Do you have another solution?

    If you can provide feedback to Microsoft, please let them know it was very presumptive of them to assume that leaking sensitive information from a valid meeting attendant is the only use of copying the live captioning. Not every meeting needs to be recorded. Not every meeting needs the AI Notes. Just a snippet of the conversation so we can perform our jobs.

    Thank you,

    Amy

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T12:42:26+00:00

    This change is completely unwelcome. We need the feature reinstated. It was incredibly convenient to be able to copy a few lines of important text without disrupting the flow of meetings. What security benefit is gained by disabling this feature? If I can write quickly enough manually, I can do so just as easily as copying from live captions.

    Microsoft has no justification for removing such a useful feature from a paid tool like Teams. I insist on having it restored.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T12:34:44+00:00

    Hello everyone,

    I regularly attend German meetings and daily stand-ups at my company, but I'm not fluent in German. I used to copy short phrases and translate them as needed—that really helped me. I don’t want to save long transcripts, fill up chat boxes with transcription records. I also don’t want to cause issues in meetings, like disabling participants’ cameras and microphones just because someone enabled transcription, and triggering notifications and waiting for everyone to click “OK” to get back to the meeting just because someone enabled transcription, which can be disruptive. That’s embarrassing, inconvenient, and completely unnecessary.

    Transcriptions should be a helpful tool for everyone. Most of us only need to copy a few key parts—not the entire meeting, and certainly not with all that added hassle. The current setup is impractical and doesn’t support smooth team collaboration. It was not a well-thought-out decision.

    I really hope copy functionality can be enabled directly from live captions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T16:39:47+00:00

    Disappointed to See This Feature Retired

    I recently discovered that this feature has been disabled. At first, I assumed it was a decision made by my organization, but learning that it was a change from Microsoft was quite disheartening.

    Live Captions provided immense value in my daily workflow. It allowed me to capture high-quality, real-time notes during meetings and produce post-meeting summaries that weren’t AI-generated, but thoughtfully curated by someone present—complete with context and insights that only a human could provide.

    Not every meeting is suitable for recording. In many cases, turning on a recording can make participants more hesitant to speak freely, fearing they might say the wrong thing. This can stifle collaboration and reduce psychological safety. Live Captions offered a more sensitive and balanced approach—capturing key information without compromising the natural flow of conversation or making people feel like they were constantly “on the record.”

    This feature struck the right balance between documentation and discretion, and it’s truly disappointing to see such a practical and thoughtful tool go.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments