I can't copy the subtitles of a meeting

Anonymous
2025-06-17T14:06:51+00:00

I'm used to copy the subs of a meeting in word to make a summary of the meetings using AI. But from this day, I have a pop up saying that I can't copy the selected text. I turned off my PC and started TEAMS again but it didn't work. My colleagues at the office have don't have this problem, as they can copy paste subtitles perfectly. I tried to upload a screenshot but apparently there is a problem with it.

Thank you in advance

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-23T09:56:28+00:00

    I'm genuinely disappointed that Microsoft has removed the ability to copy text from live captions in Teams. That feature was incredibly useful for quickly capturing key points during meetings, especially when conversations moved quickly or when I needed to follow up afterward. Without it, I'm left scrambling to take manual notes or relying on memory, which is far less efficient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T22:33:07+00:00

    How can we petition to have this restored? This feature was incredibly useful and it is donkey-backwards to remove it.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-30T07:53:11+00:00

    This feature is necessary for cross functional teams that speak multiple languages. We have teams working in India, Germany and China. The transcribe and manually translate function helped a lot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T05:50:28+00:00

    Hi Diego,

    Thanks for reporting.

    We no longer support copying captions text from meeting regardless of how meeting option is set. This would be a by design behavior.

    See MC post for details: Live captions copying disabled for Teams meetings - M365 Admin

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-17T23:23:27+00:00

    Dear Amy,

    Good day! Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Support Community. I understand how important it is for you to capture spoken content during your Teams meetings, especially when your programmers are explaining code. I’m here to help clarify the recent changes and guide you through alternative options that can support your workflow.

    Unfortunately, Microsoft recently updated Teams to enhance data protection. As part of this update, the ability to copy text directly from Live Captions during meetings has been removed. This change helps ensure that sensitive information shared in meetings is not unintentionally copied or shared.

    Although copying from Live Captions is no longer available, you can still use Transcription to capture spoken content. Transcripts are generated during the meeting and can be accessed afterward. You can copy from the transcript and paste it into Notepad or any other tool you prefer.

    How to Enable Transcription

    If you are the meeting organizer or co-organizer, here’s how to turn on transcription:

    1. Before the Meeting Starts:
      • Open your Teams calendar.
      • Select the meeting.
      • Click Meeting Options.
      • Set Allow transcription to Yes.
      • Save your changes.
    2. During the Meeting:
      • Click the More (three dots) menu.
      • Select Start transcription.
    3. After the Meeting:
      • Go to the meeting chat or calendar entry.
      • Click on the transcript to view and copy the content.

    If you are not the organizer, you can kindly ask them to enable transcription for you.

    Moreover, you mentioned that you prefer not to use AI features like Copilot or AI Notes. That’s completely okay. Transcription is a separate feature and does not require AI Notes or Copilot to be enabled.

    For more information, you can check through: View, edit, and manage video transcripts and captions - Microsoft Support and Use live captions in Microsoft Teams meetings - Microsoft Support

    I understand that this change may affect how you work, and I'm committed to helping you find the best solution. If you need help enabling transcription or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reply to this email. I'm happy to assist you step by step.

    Warm regards,

    Vy-Ng – MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments